Stencil or stamp?

Hi all,

I have much experience in making printed circuit boards using photoetching techniques. Recently I got 10 Kgs of epoxy glass copper clad boards, double sided, from a friend that quitted his electronics activity.

My past experiences with photoetching have been a great success if I used already-photoresist-coated boards, and a total failure when I tried to apply photoresist via a spray on non photoresist-coated boards (like those 10 Kg of epoxy glass I recently got).

So I wanted to use a different system for these uncoated epoxy glass copper boards.

So far I'm imagining two possible solutions:

1) make stencils, and then spray a normal acid-resistant varnish through its "holes".

2) make stamps, and apply them on the epoxy glass to put a strate of ink where necessary (will it be thick enough?)

I need to produce really fine detail, like 0.2 mm lines (surface mount devices), and these lines must not have any breaks in them, because that would mean an electrical connection break.

What would be the best path to follow, stencils or stamps? I would prefer stamps, ideally.

And, then, what would be the best way to make such a high resolution stamps or stencils?

Thanks! Giovanni

Reply to
giovanni