Subject Author Posted Replies

2005 F-150 reliability
It looks as if I may look for a new vehicle. My 1996 silverado with 356,000 miles is tired. I am looking at this: To be honest, I am tired of working on stuff. I know this truck with the 5. 4 has...
12
12

What is it? Set 493
I need some help with four of them this week: Rob
24
24

Shelby's new supercar
Hey, there must be some metal in there somewhere! But it's mostly a pile of carbon fiber. This is what the people at Shelby SuperCars have done with Shel's Cobra legacy. They're building another car...
27
27

Picture of my "new" electric/hydraulic shop press
75 tons of crushing force. Piston is 8 inch diameter. Powered by a 110v electric hydraulic pump. Has a gate for safety compliance. I bought the body of this press at an auction for $50, finally...
9
9

OT: Well point depth
Gonna put in a shallow well to feed a single, oscillating sprinkler. You know, the type kids run under to cool off. How far below the water table should the top of a 3 foot well point be? I have water...
13
13

"T" into drain line
I need to install a diswasher drain line into an existing 1 1/2" white plastic drain line. The line is all glued in place with no give. There is a place where a foot or so can be cut out but no way to...
7
7

Converting Anilam Crusader II to LinuxCNC
I'm well on my way to converting my Anilam Crusader II Bridgeport to LinuxCNC. I converted a Crusader M Lathe to LinuxCNC a few years back. I'm trying to make the new control very close to a plug in...
2
2

Forklist carby stuff Questions`
As Ive mentioned a week or so ago...I have a Impco CA 50 Carby and a Mod J evaporator on my forklift. It has a seperate tube to engage the "lockout:" part of the evaporator..IE..if there is suction on...
7
7

Patching/repairing asphault
I have a bad driveway with cracks and missing spots. I am wanting to repair everything the best I can before sealing without having someone have to co me in and redo the whole driveway. Here is a...
22
22

Absolutely MARVELOUS photos of shaper restoration!!
Incredible work!
46
46

Nice Sheldon 12" Shaper in Tyler Texas

DC motor troubleshooting
The Gorton 2-28 milling machine that I put in my shop recently, works great, with one exception: its power feed for the X axis is not working. The way it is supposed to work is via a DC motor,...
28
28

#Victims In Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion May Still Have To Pay Property Taxes
Kind of depends on what " roughly equal " means. There is some chance of being struck by lightning over every square mile of the U.S. Unlike the chance of being hurt by a grain elevator explosion. But...
15
15

Gun Laws on transportation
To transport a gun in my car, I'm supposed to have it in a case. Does that include if I'm just transporting a lower receiver? I was wondering, since they claim if you have parts so that an equipped...
5
5

Ping Iggy
Do you have a manual for a Clausing Colchester 8000 series lathe? Thanks Gunner "You guess the truth hurts? Really? "Hurt" aint the word. For Leftwingers, the truth is like salt to a slug. Sunlight to...
1
1