Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Iggy
Do you have a manual for a Clausing Colchester 8000 series lathe? Thanks Gunner "You guess the truth hurts? Really? "Hurt" aint the word. For Leftwingers, the truth is like salt to a slug. Sunlight to...
1
1

A simple repair for Harbor Freight Honda-clone generator
Had mine for 3+ years now, stored outdoors. A very faithful Honda 7500-watt -max generator clone (EM6500SX). While not Alaska, we do get some colder weather here in Poconos. Spent some thing like $300...

Can a 1150 RPM motor be used for phase converter
If it is a 3 phase AC induction motor it should work fine. You're Welcome Eric
6
6

DoALL bandsaw questions
I have an old DoALL bandsaw that uses a vane type air pump. The pump was all gummed up so I cleaned it up and now the pump is totally free of any contamination. The vanes slide freely in their slots....
11
11

Back- feeding a step down transformer
I thought I would share this in case there's anyone who might want to back-feed a step-down transformer off of a 220 rotary converter or other low voltage source in order to obtain 460/3 even though...
8
8

Odd banging sound
My wife and I have been consumed with an odd banging sound lately... We figured out it was coming from the chimney and only in the morning near dawn. So I turned off the heating system and it still...
18
18

Mitutoyo 982-537-3 DRO
I have a Mitutoyo 982-537 DRO that was working and now the display box has died. Anyone know where I can get one of these or where I can get this one repaired ?
1
1

What is it? Set 492
This week's set has been posted: Rob What is it?
31
31

stupid allen head screws on Eagle Alloy Mag center caps
I had some fun this evening - removing the bolt-on center caps from my Eagle Torque Thrust style mag wheels. Like the "original" American Racing Torque Thust, the cap fastens with 5 screws. Eagle usis...
22
22

Perfectly safe homemade welding mask?
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/infocus/chinadiy050813/s_c08_RTR1ECDC.jpg
7
7

Clamping insert
I need to clamp a 3/4" square x 1/4" thick insert into a tool. The insert will have to be clamped by it's edge. It's supported on the bottom and on one side and the clamp will be on the third side....
2
2

Miller 2050 Plasma cutter issue
I used my Miller 2050 plasma cutter a couple weeks ago, and Saturday I fired it up..and it kept giving me a Cup Problem error light. So I swapped out all the consumables at the torch..and it didnt...
3
3

Milling Machine 30 taper conversion?
My home shop CNC mill is a Bridgeport with an Anilam Crusader II controller. Last time I switched it on, the controller didn't power up. I've been wanting to do the LinuxCNC upgrade on it anyway and...
13
13

Huge Monolithic Crankshaft Fab Video
Enjoy! Erik
4
4

GM Admits The Chevy Volt Is Way Overpriced:
Bonkers wants you to see hordes of demon Volts in your nightmares as he does, sneaking up with ice picks to stab your eyeballs. Better watch out, saying anything positive will put you on his stalking...
9
9