Subject Author Posted Replies

Chainsaws
I got 4 complete chainsaws in that estate Ive cleaned out and I need some opinions as which one to keep. Ive not started any of them yet..but they were boxed individually with bar oil, blade, chain,...
4
4

Machining Question
I'm close to milling my AR lower receiver, this "95%" machined receiver needs a pocket for the fire control group and 3 holes cross drilled for 2 pins and a selector/safety. I found some instructions...
45
45

Case tractor troubles
Well, Case backhoe troubles actually. I think it's a CK 74. Anyway, here are the symptoms: The 1970s engine (gasoline) starts right up, idles well, and runs OK when it's not too warm. After fifteen or...
15
15

Hougen Magnetic Drill Question
I picked up a Hougen Magnetic drill (Model #10904) a while back for a project where I needed to make about 1600-1700 5/16" diamter holes through a 3/8" thick 1-1/2' x 2' mild steel plate, because that...

Made a "Forklift Scale" for the working poor
Ever since I decided to get more into scrap metal, I always wanted to add a weight scale to my 15k forklift, so that I would instantly know how much am I lifting. That way I could learn estimating a...
49
49

Scrapping two CNC machines next week
One is a Miyano TSV-35 CNC milling and tapping center Another is a 1993 Kia KT20S CNC lathe. Both are in a non-working condition, but perhaps you need some specific parts. i

Headlights
There was a lot of discussion of those blue lights a few years ago on the motorcycle forums . The reason they blind you is because the blue light doesn't cause your iris to contract . Nasty little...
16
16

Removing Integral Shower Drain Question
No success Googling this one, so I thought I'd try here. I have to fix a leaking shower drain pipe in an upstate lodge. There is an economy type plastic shower drain pan which appears to be fitted...
14
14

Hench Fog Buster Clone
Could some one help me find the info that was supposedly filed in the drop box on the Hench Clone? I have looked and looked but come up empty. I would really like to build one. Thank you
2
2

Followup on the giant maching
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a message about a huge machine that I bought for scrap. I thought that I would follow up. It took 2x as long as I expected, to disassemble it, load on the truck and...
10
10

What is inside a retail gas station "above the ground" part
Someone is offering me a couple of units such as this: That would be for parting out. I am wondering what is inside of those? Pumps? Counters? Anything else?...
13
13

OT: But _may_ have metalworking involved
Here's a project idea for golfing metalworkers, wot? Drive -over- all the water hazards. Note to Gunner: I sold the Gawdawful Survival Knife after all. (for a whopping $5)
3
3

Admitting Your Mistakes And Learning From Them
. Cutting bricks with them ?
9
9

confused by lathe behavior
I understand how much everything on a lathe, including the work can flex, but this just doesn't make sense to me, If I turn down say a 1/2 aluminum rod that's chucked and extends only a half inch and...
24
24

Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to trad itional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can' t get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol...
3
3