Subject Author Posted Replies

Vises?
Just reading a couple threads on various boards about vises and thought it would be a nice thread here Whatcha got? Some of mine Gunner The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat...
11
11

What is this vice called?
I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would...
5
5

Totally off topic: Peta certainly doesnt care about saving animals
PETA killed more than 1,600 cats and dogs at its Virginia headquarters last year - almost 90% of the animals handed over to the charity's American shelter By Katie Davies PUBLISHED: 15:57 EST, 20...
3
3

VIDEO of cutting a thread on 4th axis of my Bridgeport Interact CNC mill with LinuxCNC
My guy asked me to cut a 1mm pitch thread on a custom shaft. I could not do it on my lathe, so I finally bit the bullet and wrote a subroutine to do threading with my 4th axis rotary table. I use a 60...
21
21

Anybody need a Wilton Pow-R-Arm?
Ive got two of them available and for sale..... very near NOS from the looks of it, with the rather rare accordion rubber covers. Ive actually got 3 of them..but one of them is an old standby I use a...

What is it? Set 485
I need help with three of them this week: Rob
15
15

ER16 Vs ER16M
What is the difference between ER16 and ER16M?
5
5

OT: Radar on metal buckets
If you've ever worried about the threat from supersonic tennis balls, then BAE Systems? Artisan medium-range Type 997 3D surveillance radar should put you at ease ? it can detect one traveling at Mach...
5
5

Any Hams here?
Ive been doing the online tests for the Technician exam. Of the 6 times Ive taken the sample exams...I passed it 5 times. Of the 4 times Ive taken the online sample General exam..Ive passed it twice....
63
63

Anyone want a Darex E85/90 endmill sharpener?
Im digging through my Stuff once again...shrug I found a Darex endmill sharpener in so so condition. No collets, but the motor turns freely and I cant see any missing parts. On the Darex stand. This...

Horsepower
You know sometimes you just have to look at something in your real world work envelope before the truth hits you in the noggin. Since I am getting very close to actually using the Hurco retrofit mill...
10
10

compression gauge puzzler
The gauge on my old compression tester decided it had served well enough af ter several years of non-use, it's demise helped along by a good dose of ru st. I needed one for a project car I just...
48
48

OT: W7 permissions
I have a home network of seven computers. A couple in the shop, a couple in the sales area, one for surfing and watching video (this one), one for my better half, and the main one in the office. For...
5
5

The What Can You Do With A Pullmax Thread
Interesting. Do you have links to designs for making your own? Pullmax's , planishing hammers , and English Wheels all have the big C shape. Would be neat to make something that could be converted to...
1
1

FOR WHY ?!?
For why you not tell me? This 1144 stuff is awesome. It machines easier than aluminum. Darn close to as easy as cast iron. And its pretty strong too.
8
8