Subject Author Posted Replies

Metalworking Interest Sites near Philadelphia PA?
Are there any locations of metalworking interest to visit in or near Philadelphia PA, on either side of the river. This might include for example: Museums Used tool shops or surplus stores Any place...
2
2

QMS DRO went flakey
Quality Measurement Systems 200 on the box and model 500 on the scales digital readout on my manual mill has started getting flakey. One axis drops out on occasion, then it will work a while, then do...
10
10

Machine Gun Parts kits
I have read that, according to some, if you have machine gun parts you can go to prison for trying to build a machine gun. If that's so, how to they sell machine gun parts kits? I'm in process of...
87
87

Slow Rust Bluing
Anyone here familiar with the "slow rust bluing" process? From what I've found, you apply a solution that seems expensive and causes metal to rust fast. I has a problem with rust when I used acid flux...
2
2

Pipe cutting mistake
He was suppose to be sitting on the other side See more @ http://www.freakyvidz.com
4
4

Anvil sold
Thanks for all the advice from this group on selling my anvil (502 lb. 'bri dge' or 'railroad' anvil). I think it was Gunner who kindly listed some an vil prices which encouraged me to aim high in my...
8
8

Help! Bandsaw blade guides
I recently purchased a DoALL bandsaw that had been converted long ago from a band filer. When the new guides were fitted the upper guides were mounted upside down. These are the typical guides that...
6
6

OT: The America That Works
I try to avoid suggesting articles, since everyone already has plenty of their own, but this is an exception. The current issue of _The Economist_ has a special report titled "The America that Works,"...
12
12

Kitchen knife sharpening questions
jon_banquer fired this volley in news:3717410b-91a2- I'm not sure I understand the distinction. A blade must be 'tuned' frequently to keep it really sharp. Lloyd
33
33

Interesting machine
"6 station milling machine" with total of 280 HP, not counting two hydraulic power units. i Snyder Machine
55
55

Electic EZGO throttle fault
Our cart runs fine until it is parked in the hot sun (90+ degrees) Then when you go and depress the throttle pedal the cart will not move. Solenoid does not click.

McDonnell Douglas Warranty Registration Card
McDonnell Douglas Warranty Registration Card This was allegedly posted very briefly on the McDonnell Douglas website by an employee there who obviously has a sense of humor. The company, of course,...
3
3

What is it? Set 484
This week's set has been posted: Rob
6
6

Metalworking!
I have a project that requires a machining operation that I am puzzling over. This particular piece doesn't require great precision, but I would like to learn and practice an accurate approach to...
19
19

jackshaft offset?
I' m about to put a jackshaft-mounted pair of pulleys on a drill press for lower speeds. Does it matter/is there a best place to put the shaft? I'm trying to figure out if it is offset on the drive...
2
2