Subject Author Posted Replies

Sorta on topic - Cowboy assault rifle?
I'm looking for a traditional lever action .3030 saddle gun, but I find I'm actually more impressed with the Marlin 336 compared to a traditional Winchester 94. It seemed like the working parts just...
36
36

Safe without a combination
When James Labrecque listed an old safe—to which he did not have the combination—on eBay, the seller warned, "What you see is what you get, no returns, and no...

Machine Guns
Just looking at parts and differences for semi-auto and full auto... Looks like a full auto just lets the hammer go, the bolt cycles the hammer, when you let off the trigger, the hammer is caught. For...
16
16

Israeli Plastic Molding
I've never come across anything made in Israel that was junk. Just got a Noga deburring tool. I looked it over and didn't see any parts that made me think "wow, this must have saved 0.4 cents."
6
6

Soldering problem - follow up
Whoever said that rosin will not work with steel was right. I managed a couple of pieces but the results were inconsistent and unpredictable. I went back to plumber's flux: A quick wash, do the...
7
7

whirl-a-gigs
So I'm working on a multizone hydronic heatpump err coolpump system. I have the oft-encountered problem - all I have are pressure gauges but I need to know volume. What I need are those whirling flow...
6
6

best material for rifle trigger
I'm "reverse engineering" a two part FN30 rifle trigger: What tool steel and temper would be best for this? http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/trigger1.jpg http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/trigger2.jpg
8
8

An odd callout
I'm in a bit of a quandary. I know how to machine this, but I don't know how to call it out on a drawing. I'm working on the mechanical drawings for a small electronic enclosure, to modify a purchased...
11
11

Ebay funny of the day
What a waste of 6061 http://www.ebay.com/itm/400323338602
98
98

Texas poised to double wind energy output
Let the Record show that Gunner on or about Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:37:09 -0800 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in the following: Wayne Newton music? It worked in "Mars Attacks!"
9
9

How Do Hammond Organs Work?
.
4
4

Russian doomsday retaliation weapon system
Here's a scary thought that unsettled me while driving my dump truck. Apparently, the Russians have a "dead hand" retaliation system that is activated by a nuclear explosion sensor, and launches a...
17
17

Genset voltage reg: capacitor vs. AVR
sumec fireman....the smallest
2
2

Ruined my bandsaw blade yesterday
Like usual in the last week, I was cutting up steel bars on my bandsaw. I cut them up so that they fit in USPS flat rate boxes and can be economically shipped to hobbyists. Anyway, I took the next...
12
12

Looking for female Taper 40
I need to build my own tool Pre setter. Can't afford the real thing. Anyway, I need a ground female shape of taper 40. Anybody got an old T40 spindle? Alternatively, can anybody grind a T40 ID?...
15
15