Subject Author Posted Replies

Anvil restoration advice needed
Getting old, selling my 500lb. (actually 502lb) anvil. Wire brushing it to remove dirt and rust. Then what? Should I paint the sides? Surface the top? Or, is it best to leave this work to the...
17
17

Pinzgauer/Mercedes MOG differences
Hi Steve - sounds an interesting job? The Pinzgauer is Rather More Modern... The ones I've ridden in (not driven) have far better, suppler suspension - I think it may be fully independent, and it's...
1
1

what about making remote valve for lowering
to lower bottle jack when completely covered. Is there a way to connect to lowering valve port
6
6

Uses of "structural tube" with thick walls
As part of that lot of steel stock that I bought recently, there was a big bundle of "structural tube", which is steel tubing 2-6 inches diameter, with walls 1/2 to 1 inch thick. I hae to admit that I...
26
26

Quality portable air compressor
Looks beefy, but its small tank (low reserve) could cause problems as well. Esp for spray painting. For spray painting, you need *gallons* more than cfm of the 'pressor itself. At least to remain...
1
1

WTB *LARGE* used plough disks
I am looking for a few (1 to 6) large (1 or 2 36 inch and 1 or 2 26 inch, and 1 or 2 22 inch nominal diameter) used plough disks. These can have either the smooth or scalloped/toothed edge. Should not...
7
7

shock proof and non shock test indicators
What's the real definition of "shockproof" and "nonshock" as seen on test indicators?
3
3

Anyone Need a McMaster Book?
Anyone need a McMaster Carr book? I've got #118 that is about to go to the recycle bin. Excellent condition for the most part. I can UPS it to anyone in the states at no charge unless you want to pay...
6
6

Somewhat off topic for AMuzi
In wandering around your site I came across a photo of a bloke holding a green Panasonic bike ( On the seat stays, starting an inch or so below the seat post clamp, there are two "U" shaped fittings,...

My belt sander thinks it's a Van de Graaff generator
I've had one inch sparks from the belt to my hands while using it. Any suggestions? It's chassis is connected to the power plug ground.
19
19

What is it? Set 487
I've been having some problems logging on to my news server so I'm late posting today, here is this week's set:
6
6

Anybody here make a magnetic brake?
I am working on a 5th axis for the mill. I think it will need a brake. I'm not sure if the servo motor will be able to hold position for some operations. I have looked at magnetic particle brakes and...
12
12

HVLP Turbine Spray Systems
No, but some fyi stuff. rec.woodworking is the place to go for spray painting. mebbe for car painting. HF has an hvlp system for $80-100, that the RW peeple say is OK. And finally, iirc, Infomercial...
3
3

Best carbide lapping method?
I have been grinding and lapping carbide tools by hand for over 30 years. I have gotten pretty good at it. But with the relatively newer micrograin carbides it is possible to buy carbide inserts for...
14
14

Henry Ford: American Experience
Caught the second hour.... fascinating. Caught a camera pan of a factory floor with what seemed like 100's of lathes.... geared head, no belts??
1
1