Subject Author Posted Replies

HVLP Turbine Spray Systems
No, but some fyi stuff. rec.woodworking is the place to go for spray painting. mebbe for car painting. HF has an hvlp system for $80-100, that the RW peeple say is OK. And finally, iirc, Infomercial...
3
3

Best carbide lapping method?
I have been grinding and lapping carbide tools by hand for over 30 years. I have gotten pretty good at it. But with the relatively newer micrograin carbides it is possible to buy carbide inserts for...
14
14

Henry Ford: American Experience
Caught the second hour.... fascinating. Caught a camera pan of a factory floor with what seemed like 100's of lathes.... geared head, no belts??
1
1

FS Quincy compressor 3HP
3HP 3 phase Quincy horizontal Price is $500 if you pick up from the auction location. i http://auction.orbitbid.com/details.cfm?ID=1126635

Bandsaw gearbox lube
I'm putting my bandsaw back together after a repair (broken gear shaft), and it needs gear lube. The specs call for 140 weight, which, unfortunately, isn't something my local places carry. I'm...
6
6

Spring Steel Project
I'm about to undertake a project and was considering using spring steel as a backing where flexibility is needed. The spring steel will first have to be cut into strips and then shaped, and I was...
5
5

Propane heater question
Should work, but I'd aim for a 45 to 60-degree angle downwards toward the floor and the people being heated - at 90-degrees straight down you might get radiated heat coming back into and cooking the...
1
1

Any more secure options for replacing mechanical dial locks on old safes?
There are plenty of safes, such as this one: They are sturdy and high quality, but the locks are obsolete and can be lockpicked by knowledgeable individuals. My question is, are there replacement...
30
30

Funny truck
6
6

Solved: Vehicle fuel pump as a transfer pump
Awl -- Thanks to Bob Haller -- and other input, of course -- I found a dert simple way to do this, with no ill effects to the car's pyooter or anything else. Rather than fool with the pressurized...
18
18

How to cost efficiently clean rust from steel plate
I have a bunch of street plate steel, that I want to magically transform into welding tables. They have rust on them, it is not horribly deep, but it needs to be removed. What is the most efficient...
81
81

What is it? Set 477
This week's set has been posted: Rob
74
74

PLC board corrosion
I got me Pro-Face PLC back from the manufacturer today. I had posted about the failure a few weeks ago. It turns out that there was some sort of corrosion on the main board and the video board. The...
14
14

Razor spark scooter: what is that sparker?
My brother-in-law gave one of my kids a Razor brand sparking scooter last month. I've looked at the sparker thing and it appears to be a solid block of some soft metal. It isn't as brittle as sparker...
7
7

Tour of the Orbital Lab
Quite interesting! My first view and I found it exceptionally interesting!! Gunner The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many...
15
15