Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery pipe?
Awl -- Ahm semi-re-plumbing the lines to the HW heater, and I noticed what appears to be some sort of vent/pressure relief ditty coming off the *CW inlet to the HWH*. From the CW pipe to this gadget...
68
68

Hybrid cordless (but wired) battery-powered tools?
As mentioned many moons ago... I modified a Dremel rotary tool to use Bosch batteries. Bosch includes a real charger, and the batteries last longer per charge. The battery plugs and unplugs into a...
12
12

Cheap Spring Steel Sheet
Task: Make a needle-valve retainer spring. This is the little gizmo that goes on a model airplane engine needle valve, and engages the straight-knurled base of the needle to prevent the thing from...
15
15

Tons Of New And Close To New Machinist/Inspection Tools
The 99 Cent store sells stuff, too. Give us some names. Is your stuff Klein? Craftsman?
5
5

Looking for reloading gear
I snagged a B&D Workmate this week and now I want to build another reloading bench for the range. I had one set up nicely and loaned it out to a friend of a friend. And of course..it disappeared along...
4
4

Portable non-electric Steam Cleaner
How can I build a steam cleaner to carry with me in my truck (big semi tractor trailer)? I would like to use it to clean oil, dirt and grime before working on the truck.
11
11

Vacuum Forming
I finally decided to make a vacuum formed polystyrene cover for the encoder on the front of the big mill. Seems pretty straight forward. I've got my first vacuum box finished except for the port to...
11
11

Agumented reality welding mask
8
8

Building a Viper
Here's a fun video from the New York Times about building a Dodge Viper: Scraper http://www.nytimes.com/video/2013/01/11/magazine/100000001993296/manufacturing-a-viper.html#100000001993296

Mechanical Design Software
Potential Metalworking! Any recommendations for mechanical design software for hobbyist home shop? I'm interested in designing 3D assemblies of parts, checking for fit and interference, and then make...
2
2

9 tooth spline motor shaft
Surplus Center has these wonderful motors that I would like to use for a wire-brushing operation. (imagine that) They have a 1/2" dia. nine-tooth splined shaft 1/2" long. Have any ideas how to mount...
17
17

Metalworking content
Got a new, oversize y axis gib for my bridgeport yesterday. Fitted it, cut the notch for the gib adjusting screw, drilled for oiling, and it's working. Now working on cleaning the X axis scale,...
51
51

Today's Metalworking Content
Why doesn't this group have a moderator to keep all the posts that don't belong out. I almost never even look here anymore because its a waste of my time. I don't need to come here to read or hear...
7
7

Coil Hoses - revisited
Well, after much ado I finally broke down and ordered some reinforced polyurethane coil hoses today. Here's hoping they last me many years.
7
7

2012 HOTTEST YEAR RECORDED (NPR)
Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:36:26 -0500 did write, type or otherwise cause to appear in the following: I can type seventy words a minute. I think it...
19
19