Subject Author Posted Replies

Splitter
Hey guys! We live in an area with little television reception. I've avoided paying for a dish, as I don't watch all that much TV. We get a PBS station, along with one of the Fox network stations. Good...
14
14

SYNCHRONOUS Hydraulic copy attachment for a lathe?
I have a lathe in my shop, right now, that has a hydraulic copy attachment. What is interesting is that the "source" part that is being copied, is NOT just held statically. It actually rotates, with a...
7
7

Remembering turn direction on acetylene bottles
So, when I go to play with the connections on an acetylene torch, I have to mutter "tighten it off" or "loosen it on" as I'm turning to get it right. What do you do? Or are you just so mechanically...
24
24

Copper shortages coming
Industrial copper users including AmRod Corp., Southwire Co. and Encore Wire Corp. (WIRE) urged U.S. regulators to reverse a decision clearing the way for a JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) exchange-traded...

DoAll DB5 BandSaw Blade Welder
I'm looking for someone who has a DoALL DB5 bandsaw blade welder. I need a couple pictures of the interior. I got a basket case and am trying to rebuild it and a visual would come in real handy. If...
3
3

OT - useful cheater bar technique for loosening stuck bolts
While looking for some other stuff, I happened across this picture of adopting a swing-set ladder for use as a cheater bar. It shows a technique I hadn't thought of myself. (It's from thread )
2
2

spiral reamer chatter
Other than slowing down, are there some tricks to reducing reamer chatter? I got some truly beautiful rifle patterns in Al with a 1/4" spiral reamer. I had no problems with it the last time I used it....
2
2

Pistol Recommendations?
I stopped by a gun dealer yesterday on the way home, I'm looking for something for home defense before the Nazi's ban everything but caulk guns. I'm trying to decide between two types of guns, one...
79
79

What is it? Set 475
I need some help with the last item this week: Rob What is it?
50
50

Pressure in a compressor tank: temporarily "forcing" higher pressures
Awl -- In my otherwise fairly-impressive Husky compressor, the shitty regulator has it cycle between 80 and 120 psi -- which I (and my machines) can live with, albeit grudgingly.. But occasionally...
12
12

Hermann Schmidt Precision Grinding Tools
Metalworking content: Grinding vise is sold. Magnetic squaring block still available ******* Why are you selling your grinding vice?
4
4

OT: Keybord recommendation?
I've had it with wimpy keyboards. I really liked the original IBM PC keyboard, and, later, the Northgate keyboards. The cheapy, spongy things you get today just suck. I currently have a SIIG...
17
17

Kitagawa chuck
So an on topic post! I had a bunch of run out issues with my Hyundai HIT-18 lathe. Bought a brand new Kitagawa chuck and all is well. SO....what do I do with the old one? save it for rough "meatball"...
9
9

Gas engine exhaust extensions and back pressure
Awl -- Recently, in asking about pipe diam/length and pressure drops for natural gas, I was surprised at how significantly delivered gas volume drops with length. For example, for 3/4" pipe, the cfh...
3
3

Anybody here have experience with CO2 lasers?
I've been looking at 40 and 80 watt CO2 laser engraver/cutters lately. Prices have come way down and one machine I looked at with a 40 watt laser was less than 3000.00 bux. There are even cheaper ones...
12
12