Subject Author Posted Replies

How to part out a snow plow truck
I bought a couple of trucks. They were barely used by the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) to spread salt. 10k and 15k miles respectively. However, they sat around for a long time and their beds are...
20
20

makin mags
"The Kid" builds dies where he works. He's suggesting building two blanking and two forming dies and have me go into the mag business. He makes it sound all too simple. He is close frineds with the...
2
2

Ping Iggy
Just what you need!! Gunner The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually,...
13
13

Shoplifter with metal knife
Meets US marines. Probably also carrying metal knife. TinyURL was created! The following URL: 534125601373&set=a.2245276540327.131667. 1500563577&type=1&ref=nf has a length of 104 characters and...
1
1

"Blown" 6-71 Detroit Diesel engine
I have a chance to acquire a very high end diesel powered air compressor Atlas Copco XAS-350. It is the kind of compressor that is big enough so that you cannot tow it behind a pickup. The compressor...
19
19

Google plus metalworking community
For those that have a Google plus login, I've created a 'metalworking community' that hopefully will become a more on-topic version of this newsgroup. (I guess time will tell if Google's automatic...
16
16

Blues Saraceno
Quite likely, the "D hole guitar" that Django plays in this video is the same one that he gifted to Les Paul, and that Les mentions in his video-documentary "chasing sound" Its about 90 mimutes long,...
1
1

Solid stae hard drive questions
This is metal related. Hard drives do contain metal. Anyway, I need to put yet another drive in a laptop and the thread a while ago about mechanical hard drives made me think that maybe a solid state...
23
23

What is it? Set 472
I need some help with the second item this week: Rob
22
22

Dihydrogen Monoxide Joke Site
Hi all, A friend sent this yesterday: It's a pretty funny site, once you sort out the BS about what 'Dihydrogen Monoxide' really is. (Apparently the site has been around a while, but is new to me.)...
1
1

Wiring Diagram for Gas Hung Heater
I've got a Dayton gas heater. I had the repair guy come out last night to light the pilot light (well, to figure out _why_ the pilot light wasn't coming on). After we got the pilot light sorted (it...
27
27

Carpal
Gunner, Logitec Trackman Marble Wheel The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4....
15
15

Kindling maker
jsw Froe - Wikipedia
129
129

Fat Max Propylene cylinders
It looks like these are being discontinued. Instead one can again buy the 14 oz cylinders (those that had had bad malfunctions which caused severe injuries and were litigated). Does anyone know the...
13
13

Question about casing malleablity
This is a Rockwell video They mention "malleable logarithmic casings" - does anyone know if it is the casing or the logarithms which are malleable? tschus pyotr -- pyotr filipivich. Discussing the...
17
17