Subject Author Posted Replies

Lathe turning and parting off questions
My clausing 6900 lathe has barely any wear on the ways. And yet, when I try to turn straight cylinders, I get something like 0.01" difference along 4-5 inches. How come? Second is that it chatters...
10
10

How come my gasoline does not go stale?
Title says it. Had to start up the 5000 watt generator because of an outag e. Gas within is at least three winters old. Always starts on the second pull. This is contrary to all the discussions about...
15
15

Coil Hose
Over the summer I put some RapidAir lines along the back of the shop, put o ne over to the Hurco for the brakes and oiler, and ran one up to the front so I don't have to stretch out hoses to air up a...
3
3

Mayans say no more machine work in four days
It starts satirical, but ends serious. Worth reading. NaturalNews) The world will come to an end in just four days, and that's a huge relief because it means we can all finally stop flossing. I doubt...

Nancy Lanza's alimony
``Nancy Lanza was a divorcee who got a good settlement from Adam?s father, Peter, a General Electric executive who earned $445,000 in 2009. She didn?t work and was scheduled to get nearly $300,000 in...
18
18

OT distance calculator
I have several lat/long readings from a GPS device in excel. I need to calculate the distance between points. How? For Latitude, I'm thinking Pi*7900/360*(lat1-lat2) Longitude must need some sort of...
12
12

Fastener Control
"Steve B" fired this volley in news:kanndm$fhn$1 Steve, what you use to physically store them is less important than how much it costs to sort them out. Give a high school kid out of work a tapped...
7
7

Question about CCW?
You should research this. Not true. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . Hornet Spray is even better than pepper spray, it is legal, doesn't look to be scary, and will temporarily blind the...
38
38

Video; Stick Welding Electrode 1/2 a second of footage spread over 2 minutes
Annoying music & 1/4 of a second would have been sufficient, but still interesting.
6
6

Removing Rings
I'm about 15 years too late to take off my wedding ring, even with the help of ice and butter. (I may give it one more try today, but I think it'll just get to the joint and stop). It's really past...
31
31

Anyone wants a very worn Leblond 16x48?
Has taper attachment http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/Brunner-and-Lay/11.jpg
11
11

Can a Boehringer VDF hydraulic tracer lathe be used as a regular lathe
I won this at auction This is a Boehringer 19x46 hydraulic tracer lathe. I have a feeling that the tracer system can be disconnected and it can be converted to a manual lathe. Is that true?
16
16

Stainless Steel Tubing Remnants
I don't know if anyone interested in metalworking reads these posts anymore but I've got some of these remnats from 4in up to 10 in diameter. Just a few feet in length except for the 10in which is...
4
4

OT- Concealed Carry Recommendations
Any favorites for a concealed carry pistol? A former gun dealer at work recommended getting an inexpensive gun because he said if you have to draw on someone, it is likely that the police will...
22
22

Reality TV
Every fukn reality TV show ever made was fake... including This Old House, altho TOH at least had some redemptive educational value. TOH actually SHOWED ITSELF to be fake, with an out-take-blooper...
5
5