Subject Author Posted Replies

Reality TV
Every fukn reality TV show ever made was fake... including This Old House, altho TOH at least had some redemptive educational value. TOH actually SHOWED ITSELF to be fake, with an out-take-blooper...
5
5

What is it? Set 471
A new set has been posted: Rob
15
15

Pro-Face PLC puke
four friggin' months out of warranty! My LT3201-A1-D24-C has black screen and a flashing Amber light and not functioning. According to my research, the flashing amber LED could indicate a burned-out...

OT-The Union Man
A committed SEIU executive was attending a convention in Las Vegas and decided to check out the local brothels. When he got to the first one, he asked the Madam, 'Is this a union house?' 'No,' she...

Die grinder bit in milling machine
Hi, Any reason (other than the hard bits getting into the ways) I shouldn't put a 1/4" diamond die grinder bit into a milling machine collet to take a bit (a few thou) off some ferrite? RPM will be...
7
7

Surface Oxidation: Wiping
I'm working on a project that is a mechanical switch of sorts, and it entails running electrical signals through Phosphor-Bronze contacts. Now since *all* alloys will oxidize to an extent, I was...
21
21

The buck (xmfr) stops here
They traveled from Redmond, Oregon and stopped in Clinton, Washington. Courtesy of Paul Drahn with some help from his son Mark. I checked the wiring diagram carefully, mounted the xmfrs on top of the...
2
2

Electric brake on miter saws
In the thread on SawStop, the issue of making saws stop rotating shortly after the user turned the power off came up, with the central example being miter saws, which stop in a few seconds after the...
6
6

OT-Concealed Carry Victory
CHICAGO (AP) - In a big victory for gun rights advocates, a federal appeals court on Tuesday struck down a ban on carrying concealed weapons in Illinois - the only state where it had remained entirely...
39
39

Rusted diesel motor pulleys
We bought two Chevy Kodiak dump trucks, with large stainless salt spreaders, from CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). Both trucks are equipped with Caterpillar 3116 diesels, snow plow mounts, hydraulic...
23
23

Painting galvanized
Depending on how long you want the paint to last you might take a look at or
3
3

OT google redirect
Posting from winter quarters... Not been here for a while. Hope you folks can help me with a computer problem. I use google for web searches on internet explorer. When I type in a search, a list of...
4
4

OT - Airbus A380 parts transport
This link has an article and set of pictures about Airbus A380 parts being transported to their assembly point in Toulouse. Parts from Hamburg (rear fuselage), Broughton (wings), Saint Nazaire...

Threadlocking in Plastic?
I need to take the slop out of a couple Delrin devices that are subjest to vibration. They are a bit loose in the hole they fits into. A nylon set screw threaded into a hole tapped into the Delrin...
15
15

Heating a pool with an air conditioner
Excellent points. Bottom line, the pool will help the A/C MUCH more than the A/C will help the pool. BUT, it is proly unlikely this could be done economically, at least in a one-off basis. But, if A/C...
31
31