Subject Author Posted Replies

Odd thing with PVC tubing
I have a coil of flexible PVC tubing that has sat on a shelf for a few years and I went to cut a piece from it and found that the entire coil seems to be covered in an oily film. Nothing else in the...
3
3

Angie's List: Inyone use it?
Good, bad, a con? Couldn't find the subscription price without undue hassle.... They're advertising like crazy, so I figgered it's gotta be on par with Colonial Penn's guarownteed acceptance life...
10
10

Ping Leon: Design Q on SawStop
There seems to be two mechanical strategies at work in the SawStop, of translation, and of rotation, ie, retracting the blade, and stopping the rotation. It seems to me one would be sufficient, with...
5
5

Metal suggestion
I need a good METAL nose hair cutter. I've bought a couple of $10 ones, and they end up in the bottom of the drawer. What is a good one, reasonably priced, that will stay sharp? Steve
23
23

Machinable Thermal Insulator Good to > 500F?
I am making an annealing "oven" for nylon rod out of a piece of 4" stove pipe wrapped in fiberglass insulation. The rods will be suspecded vetically in the pipe, and it will be heated with a heat gun...
23
23

Will You Hand Over Your Guns?
On July 1, 2004, Romney signed a permanent state ban on assault weapons, saying at the signing ceremony for the new law, "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made...
9
9

CA accelerator discoloration
I am gluing some copper to wood with CA. Anyone knows how to get rid of the white/blue/green discoloration that develops with an accelerator? It disappears when washed with 99% isopropanol or acetone...
8
8

Digital Camera Recommendation
About $80 at the low end. My old Nikon Coolpix L18 has been good, so I just got the same-but-updated L26 model for a friend. Uses common AA batteries, a plus for me. Doesn't come with rechargeables,...
87
87

Curta Calculator Video
Hi all, Had heard of these, but never actually seen one... as a matter, the video is also a first for me. I'm sure some here have experience with them. Looks like they were a fascinating piece of...
1
1

Blade Welding Blues
Just a comment or two. If you Google Do-All you can find instructions for the blade welders on their saws. I silver solder my blades with a jig similar to the one a previous poster showed. Mine...

What is it? Set 470
This week's set of items has been posted: Rob
21
21

Springs with a washer welded on each end?
I need to secure a spring to an object with a bolt sticking out of it. It will undergo rotational torque. I have acquired a nut that fits the bolt. I could use a spring with a washer welded to each...
12
12

Aspirin Tax-FYI
New information about aspirin for Immediate Release: Effective Jan 1, 2013, aspirin will be heavily taxed under Obamacare. The only explanation given was that they are white and they work. No other...
3
3

Interesting Hardinge Ive never seen before
The methodology of the left has always been: 1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie...
2
2

What is the biggest conspiracy in USA?
The answer is, it is the "Santa conspiracy". Very wide ranging. i
24
24