Subject Author Posted Replies

Interesting idea on the "Right to health care"
1
1

Keeping a trailer frame from rusting
I have a Transcraft Tl-2000 semi trailer, which is in a remarkably decent condition, considering it is 17 years old. It has superficial surface rust, but no through holes or big pieces or rust falling...
41
41

What type of hydralic fluid does the lift use?
what type of hydralci fluid does a GLC040 fork lift take?
1
1

High temperature thread sealant
Anything better than PTFE/Teflon for high temperatures? Just go dry or what? High temperature compressor output line... the hose is bellows with braid over it.
22
22

what would 19 on the hand held rockwell tester conver to?
tested steel of .060" thich with hand held rockwell hardness test tool. results showed 19. what would that be equivalent to? Thanks
1
1

Clip Bearings Source
I need a few of the 3/16 x 1/16 version: Stock Drive has 'em for $0.55, but they also have a service change (unknown) for orders less than $50.00 McMaster has the version for thicker panels (.072 to...
4
4

Pinging Larry Jaques (and anyone else that has/uses a Ryobi 18v reciprocating saw)
Larry, others: I can't seem to be able to retain the blades in my 18v Ryobi reciprocating saw. My only need for it is when I go to my local pick & pull salvage yard - anywhere else I'll use my...
2
2

did i kill my 'puter
i had a CMOS checksum error on my CNC mill. So, I installed a new motherboard battery. Now the CPU fan just comes on and it makes no attempt to boot. Is the computer DOA? I checked connections and...
92
92

Union kills the twinkie
All Hostess Brands employees will lose their jobs in the coming weeks, some sooner than others, the company announced Friday. The layoffs span nationwide, and represent a deep cut in mid-wage jobs...
78
78

Gear Project
I want to undertake a gear making project for practice if not nothing else. I figure I'll try something I'll likely need in the future. I have a Star Wars game that uses a yoke controller that has...
33
33

Stolen Copper recovered - 144 tons of it
"U.S. border enforcement agents and the Arizona Department of Public Safety said Tuesday that an investigation into the September theft of copper from a mining facility in Hayden, Ariz., has led to...

Anybody got a time machine?
Set the controls for 1949.. Maniacs with large boilers in their houses, home-made nitrous oxide, the glimmerings of portable electronics (two-tube-radio-in-a-hat), copious war surplus..glass cutting,...
2
2

New life for an old lathe
I've got a lathe. An old one. It's a Stark jeweler's lathe, uses #3 (sometimes called 3SS) collets, and it was old when granddad bought it. Probably made 1890 +/- a decade or so. It's still mainly...
12
12

Toluene
"Aviation fuel verses Toluene: Aviation gas is less dense than most racing gasoline. Instead of weighing about 6.1 to 6.3 pounds per gallon like racing gasoline, it weighs 5.8 to 5.9 pounds per...
7
7

OT - Jobs lost
Notice the jobs lost before Nov. 6th, at the most 1 place per day. Yesterday, 17 places cutting jobs, many others closing, the day before 15 places cutting jobs, others closing. Thanks Voters - We...
2
2