Subject Author Posted Replies

Microsoft Gun
How To Tell You Have a Microsoft Gun ============================= 1. Every 10 rounds or so, there's a blue flash and the gun won't work until you press the magazine catch and wait 10 minutes. 2. It...

Motor size and efficiency: both gas and electric
Awl -- Suppose I have a 10 hp motor, and then a 20-40 hp motor -- or even a 100 hp motor.. Suppose I am loading any of these motors at exactly 10 hp worth of load. Which one has the greatest...
13
13

How to tell wniter diesel from summer diesel
At an auction, I purchased a 400 gallon diesel fuel tank for $150. I thought that it was empty, but turns out that it was not, it is approximately 1/2 full, so maybe 200 gallons. It contains dyed...
13
13

Shelf life of fuels
Gasoline will keep a long time if you add Stabil product regularly. May lose octane rating. My fuel supplier has really warned me on diesel. Seems today's near zero sulfur fuels like to grow a nasty...
3
3

Do I have wye or delta?
Now that I'm getting some transformers to buck the voltage from my phase converter I need to determine whether the output is wired wye or delta. I think it's delta. but since it's a phase converter I...
16
16

boooooo II
This was posted to RCM newsgroup The Jersey Shore was hit hardest by Hurricane...

Austrailian view of Red Cross
A good survivalist comments on Red Cross. From another list. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus . My father was a soldier during WW2. New Guinea, Bouganville, Borneo... that whole area. 2/2...
19
19

How does gasoline go "bad"? When?
I occasionally use gasoline to clean bearings. i would cean the bearings and leave the small pan outdoors overnite. by the next day all the gas would of evaporated leaving just some greasy dry crud i...
28
28

UAW Charges Romney With Profiteering From Auto Bailout
In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund,...
1
1

Unusual welding (YouTube videos)
Title "railroad thermite welding". Title "The Power of Friction", not sure what the product is. Doesn't look like a good weld to me, but I wouldn't know.
9
9

What is it? Set 465
I need some help with the second and fourth items this week: Rob
35
35

Mach 3 CNC question
I finally got out to the Green Monster today and started feeding in soft limits, home offsets, and auto zeroes. Before setting Home offsets, it didn't back off the limit switches. Now it is. Hurray! I...
4
4

Typical charging rate of a car battery (from alternator)
Toward the end of determining how many "external" car batteries can I put in parallel with the car battery, without over-loading the alternator?? I know the charging current draw would depend on the...
60
60

Crippled NYC Subways Could Hamper Storm Recovery
I remember ny being infested with rats and black widows. I wonder what effect this will have on their populations? The rats bring disease to even the richest parts of NY.
3
3

Why Manufacturers Can?t Find The Workforce They Ne ed
WHAT A LOAD OF C**P, like a wife to going back to an abusive husband for another S**T kicking when he promises her "this time things are different...." Given the personal experience of the current...
20
20