Subject Author Posted Replies

A question about heat/flame and melting lead
I picked up a homemade lead melter. Its nothing more than a 12" bit of pipe with a nice larger burner in it, hooked to a bit of pipe with some corrigated steel welded to the top of it as a table. In...
7
7

Metal Brake Chicago BB2 - is this a good deal?
Hi all, We've been looking for a small metal brake for quite a while and stumbled across a Chicago BB2 (which appears to be about a 24" size) with a full set of fingers plus some edge radius bends and...
1
1

grinders bite
"Steve B" wrote in news:k6nnjn$sum$ Glad you got lucky and avoided permanent damage. However the fact you got two kickbacks in a row with total loss of control shows you have dangerous work habits....
21
21

TXT RUOK KWIM XXOO LUVU LOL
Very often, text messages will go through a cell phone, even when the voice channels are clogged. Try it! And when the power comes back on, let us know if it worked, for you. Christopher A. Young...

Hurricane Sandy looks pretty bad
Extraordinary storm, extremely serious threat Stu Ostro, Senior Meteorologist, The Weather Channel Oct 29, 2012 5:05 am ET SANDY - History is being written as an extreme weather event continues to...
14
14

Anyone care to own an AVO meter?
Ive stumbled across a English made VOM meter.. "Universal AVO meter." Serial number indicates it was made in January of 1957 Its in actually quite nice shape, with no broken bits or serious scratches....
6
6

Anyone use these?
Opinions? How do they compare to a regular fibre disc? Best Regards Tom. http://www.ebay.com/itm/220731058849?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
12
12

The Fight To Make It In The USA
Hope that inventor has a patent and trademark on his invention. Investors will steal his idea if they can, they will make it in china and screw him over. Best Regards Tom.
2
2

Spot Welder
I've had several queries concerning my spot welder project. The below pics show a spot welder upgraded to include a weld timer and a power control. The timer is just a timer relay set to tenths of a...
11
11

Right to Work" snark hunt
I noticed that the "Right to Work" controversy has come up again in another thread. As some of you know, one of my "hobby horses" is econometrics, or the application of statistics to discussions of...
8
8

How do vibratory feeders work?
I have a bunch of vibratory feeders from some factory that is being relocated to Mexico. I tried one, not really knowing how it works. It promptly started vibrating. Amazingly, some rubber parts that...
10
10

First Sale Doctrine
Oct. 18--If you've ever sold an old iPhone or made money off outgrown children's clothes, you're not alone. It's legal, and quite common, because of the first-sale doctrine in copyright law, which...
2
2

Saving on fuel
My company has, and uses, a few vehicles that consume comparatively a lot of fuel, such as a semi truck, six wheeler 26,000 lbs dump truck etc. Altogether I spend a bit less than $1k per month on...
63
63

Creating Jobs
FREEPORT, Ill. 10-26-2012 Bain Capital-owned Sensata plans to close the Freeport plant in December and outsource the plant's 170 jobs to China. Workers at the plant have been training their Chinese...
16
16

Buck XMFR questions
Greetings all you AC Electrical Types, My shop is supplied with single phase juice (notice my proper use of technical terms) at 245 volts average. The voltage does vary a little, usually about 2 volts...
25
25