36V light bulbs

Wire 3 12-volt automotive bulbs in series. Sure sounds like your bulb is not really a 36V bulb (so bright) or else it's not made to take bumps. Something like 3 marker light bulbs would provide about the same wattage, and you know that they are able to take the bumps.

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Some electric forklifts run on 36 volts. A forklift dealer might be able to supply a better headlight for your scooter.

Reply to
Steve Dunbar

put a diode or two in series with the bulb to lower the voltage. your problem will go away. Refer to standard equations for bulb life to understand why

Reply to
william_b_noble

To get a 10:1 increase in life (to 10 hours), the usually quoted 12th power relationship would require a 21% drop in voltage, or about 7 volts.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

So with a few extra wires and a switch you could alternate the 'headlight' battery and re-balance the batteries.

Reply to
Nick Hull

OK, then make it four silicon diodes in series.

Jim

jim rozen

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

william_b_noble

Ummm, Jim, I'm sure you realize that 4 x 0.7V is somewhat less than 7V.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Interesting part. I figured the TO-220 "simple switcher" might be easier for Charles to use in a one-off -- no circuit board.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I agree. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Tungsten filament light bulbs try to act like constant current devices. Unless you have a perfect match up, I would be _very_ surprised if the

6V bulb dropped 6V.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Reply to
william_b_noble

Do you have a part number and source for that?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

See previous post. Also, go to

look at the various "simple switchers" they offer.

There is also a website that selects a part for you given your requirements at

then you can go to the "webbench" to get component values.

These things are dirt simple to use!

Reply to
Don Foreman

Oops, missed it. It will for a little bit, but not for long. It's a nice and easy first thing to check. Probably not very likely.

Reply to
Ian Stirling