Subject Author Posted Replies

FOLLOWUP on "macro system for G code"
My thoughts are solidifying a little bit regarding a "G code macro system". I think that I will roll my own, since I am a computer programmer. I started writing perl code to perform standard milling...
22
22

My trailer
I have a trailer with what I think are axles out of a 50's era truck front end. These have 6 lug 15 inch wheels. Can anyone tell me what wheels would fit as replacements? The center caps for these...
13
13

Boast (metal related)
Picked up 51 foot long 4 strand #6 flexible electrical cord at a garage sale today. $10. (Also got a large box of sheet music for $ 3. I've been collecting for over 5 decades) Don't know what to do...
11
11

REALLY LOUSY VIDEO of the mill ACTUALLY MOVING in 2-D
Made an adapter plate and wired the Y axis encoder. Connected both X and Y axis servos to the actual ball screws. After some fiddling, I can now move in X-Y and the [shitty] video from my cell phone...
30
30

Mig Welders
I've been trying to do some body work and rust repair on my truck before I sell it and I'm getting close to the point of needing to weld in some metal to replace the rusted metal. This isn't so much...
55
55

Added lots of safety wiring and wired the Y axis
After yesterday and today, I now have 1) ESTOP buttons working 2) Overheat thermal switches controlling E-Stop as well. 3) Limit switch on the Y axis fully functional 4) PPMC controller box switches...
11
11

printer pieces anyone
my brother's laserjet IIIP just died - anyone still use those? it has a good 92275A toner cartridge (just refilled), and I would expect all the electronics except the power supply to be good - so if...
16
16

Solar Power
I forgot to mention in 6 days of operation, our new solar panel system claims to have saved: Are you ready? 300# of Co2 If Al Gore is reading this a text message of applause would be nice.
3
3

old delta drill press dp 400
PIcked it up at an estate sale for 35bucks. Came with a like new vise, planer head, circle cutter & some cheapo saftey router bits + they through in a wilton adjustable ball thingie that I've already...
17
17

Stihl chain saws
Stihl has been known as one of the finest chainsaws made. But, I've been told recent saws are now made off shore with a quality drop :( There's an 029 at auction today and I'm thinking of getting "the...
5
5

Wired estops today
I wired estops. I kind of like the way I did it. I wanted to be able to easily see the logic of what I did. The mill has a big vertical terminal block, where all outside wires (from pendant,...
3
3

IH C263 engine?
Looking for carb and distributor data for an old Gallion 125 picker. Looking for parts numbers and source for a carb rebuild kit. Been trying to source parts before I rip it apart for repair. Y'all...
3
3

EMC and Galil and I/O
Been learning a lot about EMC watching Iggy's progress. It turns out there's a lot of knowledge about this on RCM. The discussions about desirability of tachs for EMC and latency problems make me glad...
40
40

Non-working electric hoist
I have this hoist: ton, Kona cranes XN10, with motorized trolley. I bought it for $20 and it was described as "nonworking". Inside it looks kind of decent, the cover that you do not see is also...
4
4

After effects
I don't understand all there is to know about underwater drilling but my question is this. What happens to the area around the well when that said well is finally dry? You have a large cave filled...
24
24