Subject Author Posted Replies

Parts tumbler
I got a couple of motors, one from an electric ice cream maker, the other from a barbecue spindle, that would work perfectly as a drive motor for a parts tumbler. They must have some gear reduction in...
9
9

Gearmotor uses?
Cleaning out the shop, selling some things I'm not using. I ran across a big Dayton gearmotor 115/220V 1/2 HP 30 RPM I'm tempted to keep it, but I'm scratching my head imagining any sort of use for it...
14
14

Solar power
Having welding, machining, and ceramic equipment, our power bill was getting out of hand. (> than $200/mo) We recently installed 30- 230w solar panels and now have watched our power meter go backwards...
69
69

Is there any public library of G-codes
I would like to know if there is a website, that is a public repository of G codes. Say, G-code to make an AK-47 receiver, or some other common household items or naked woman sculptures like on...
135
135

Plan for today
1. Wire estops and motor overheat switches together into an estop circuit. 2. If I have time, improve control wiring, so that PPMC actually enables and disables the motion related stuff, through the...

New Zealand Welding machines?
A friend of mine left for New Zealand a year ago to work at Weta Studios as a sculptor. She is looking for a good brand of small MIG welding machine to buy used in New Zealand. Any ideas?
4
4

cement mixer motor suggestions
I bought an old cement mixer. About 24" in diameter, about 24" deep. Old, old, old. Has new big pulley on the end of shaft, and motor plate. What horsepower would you recommend so as to handle a good...
1
1

[SOLVED] Harrison L5 headstock oil (2023 Update)
How much oil do I fill the headstock of a Harrison L5 with? I have a recent aquirement of a Harrison L5 Mk2 lathe, I estimate made between 1946-1947, its sat for some years and the headstock oil has...
1
1

I can now run EMC2 and it kind of "works"
wiring garage with Ethernet last night I moved on a bit. Worked until 2am. I have configured my mill PC to run EMC2 with "ppmc" configuration. I tried to do a good job, so that all configs are in my...
73
73

Added Ethernet and webcam to the mill
Now the garage is wired for Ethernet, so is the mill, it has an internal DIN mounted Ethernet switch from ebay. On the switch, there is an EMC PC and a netcam (webcam). will tidy up the wiring...
2
2

What is this thing?
What is this thing? found it in the free box at a metal working tools sale. Price was right ;-0 What can I do with it? Thanks, mike http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/pictures.htmlI
24
24

Cleaning large amounts of dirty brass
Stuff is 7.62 x 51 Cavim. Has so much asphaltum "sealer" that it will lock up the HK in 2-3 rounds. Switching to WCC or R-P commercial ammo and firing 2-3 rounds wil "clear" the bore of the sealer,...
7
7

The Datsun Roadster Painted!
Been 7 years of hard rebuilding since it looked like a car. you want to see the entire project: food and water along. JR Dweller in the cellar...
8
8

Strange stuff found on the net
THe periodic table of swearing... This domain may be for sale!
1
1

OT: Possible RCM poster is Australia?
Does anyone know if this individual was a poster to RCM? He would appear to fit right in... drunk man who climbed into a crocodile enclosure in Australia and attempted to ride a 5m (16ft) long...