Subject Author Posted Replies

underwater metal working in the gulf
for those interested, the Skandi Neptune video feed is showing what's happening as BP replaces the cap on the blowout preventer and takes other action - it's pretty interesting some times, boring at...
8
8

Rust stains on fiberglass-what works?
Pulled the 20 yr old water heater on my boat. It was incredibly rusty and corroded. Underneath where it was mounted, the fiberglass deck is badly stained with rust. Checked CLR on Epinions-just what I...
11
11

Surface grinder for sale
relation to seller One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of...
3
3

Anvils for sale
relation to seller One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of...
1
1

Atlas/Craftsman Change gears
relation to seller One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of...

The mill is creeeeepy
... Because it "creeps". I have only one axis (x) wired right now. When the drive is powered on, but with no input signal, the table imperceptibly slowly creeps. I only noticed it because some tools...
30
30

New Virtual 'Nam Wall
Someone spent a lot of time on this and it is truly remarkable, take a look........................... Someone sent me the link below which is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Viet Nam war...
8
8

Using a spring to bend pipe?
Is there anything to know besides sticking the pipe through the spring and bending it? Thanks.
12
12

Steel Conduit Question
OK, I have now established proper metal content. The issue is more of an electrical code issue, and I'm hoping the wealth of knowledge of the usual suspects can help me out. My basement shop needs...
56
56

The fragrance of tools
We all know about the Harbor Freight stink, of Cosmoline and cheap rubber and other suchlike. Well I had a rather different experience today. My old Stanley ratchet (not Yankee) screwdriver walked off...
3
3

unknown collet need ID help
I have a nice set of small collets that I cannot match up on any of the collet charts. Looks like a miniature R8. Here's the specs 3.00" OA Length .500"bearing/shaft diameter .675 max diameter at...
11
11

Gear question
Want special lathe tool form cutter to cut gears. After an extend lapse, I want to complete a set of change gears for my EMCO Compact 10 lathe. have hand ground the gear tooth profile and this works...
10
10

OT-DA prossecutes victim
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his...
8
8

Some success with a servo drive/tachometer mode
I started wiring everything in as professional manner as I am able to do. I use DIN rail to mount as much stuff as possible, use DIN terminals wherever possible, and I route wires through wire...
33
33

making a burner for a gas grill
Greetings I have an old gas fired table top model grill. Cast Aluminum with a milled flat top. I've had it for fifteen years, and am unable to find _any_ maker marks or trade marks or the like. So - I...
76
76