Subject Author Posted Replies

Harbor freight tool alert
Saw Set on sale for $3. I bought this set about 4 years ago. Yes, I have quite a few "Milwaukee" bi metal cutters, but, this set has gotten me out of a pinch many, many times. It has a lot of...
8
8

Aluminum V-Belt Speed Reducer Ultra Light 'Auto' Engine 'Airplane' Propeller
Well, got myself in a pickle this time. I answered an ad with some guy wanting lathe work done, he said it was a couple of groves in pulleys. Come to find out he wants me to design, engineer, and...
22
22

Lathe auto tool changer - which is best
Hi, We are looking at CNC lathes and there is a bunch of different layouts for the tool changers. Having no experience with CNC lathes, we are at the mercy of the sales staff. What's the plus and...
2
2

Punching vs Cutting
I need to figure out a way to punch out shapes from .025 aluminum sheet. I've got the little taig mill of course, but I'm thinking it will be incredibley slow, and if the project works I'll want to...
13
13

Septic tank and blacktop
What kind of pump do people use to pump their septic tank? Is it a trash pump? I know this probably sounds stupid but could a person pump their own tank? I wonder if this would be a good side business...
19
19

Practical Power Factor Application
I am slowly fixing all the annoying features of this house we bought. I may never get all of them corrected. But have a temporary solution to one. The house is mostly wired with 14 gauge wire and 15...
19
19

Gluing brass
I am trying to glue a 0.006" brass foil to a mild steel plate. I have done it in the past but forgot what I used (note to self: keep better records!). I have run several small scale trials and for...
53
53

Portable tool stand idea
Here's an idea that I have been using for a couple of years to give myself a place for tools when the workshop I am attending has none where I need it: Stanaitis
12
12

Crap!
A guy is coming tonight to look at the SA 200 to buy it. I had some welding to do on an old cement mixer I bought with some heavy steel bracing, and wanted to get it done before Sally leaves, and to...
27
27

Metalworking Machine Donation
I have an Emco Compact 8E lathe and an 8" Boxford metalworking shaper that I will donate to a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. You must be willing to pick them up in RI and have proof of...

Very cool parking lot
This would keep a few machinists busy for a while... You, Randy Remove 333 from email address to reply.
24
24

CNC Taper Question
ISO20, ISO30, HSK63, HSK100, BT30, BT40, CAT30, CAT40, CAT50... Name a few yourself if you can as I'm sure there are a few others. What are the most common here in the US? I'm thinking the CATxx...
4
4

lathe tax
I've had my heart set on a 30" 10EE for a long time. Seen one this morning. So, I asked milady if I could put a bid on it. She said no problem, as long as I get a new couch. Looks like about a 25%...
15
15

Great to have metal working tools!
I have a river jet boat. One of the northwest style thick aluminum with a v8 and a jet drive. On the weekend, was a whine from the drive train. Figured a Ujoint was going bad. So loosen up the jet...

What was the topic of this group again?
Metalworking? Seems to have gotten out of hand. Go someplace else to discuss politics. Pete Stanaitis
5
5