Subject Author Posted Replies

OT surveillance camera for a car?
My wife left her car for 5 minutes and returned, only to find a GPS stolen. I had a truck window smashed a year or two ago as well. I would like to find a surveillance system for a car. Requirements...
74
74

A small welding and lathe turning project
I wanted to put a fan head on a stand so that working with the mill would be easier. The welding part is making a stand, and turning part was boring out the small 3/4" pipe nipple to make it slide...
12
12

OT-Masses of unemployed
"You could say, as many do, that shipping jobs overseas is no big deal because the high-value work -- and much of the profits -- remain in the U.S. That may well be so. But what kind of a society are...
15
15

Corona California Lathe
relation to seller Gunner One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of...

Sorta on topic Ebay and a Acme gage
I just did a Buy it now on an acme fishtail gage. Paypal wants me to give them the expiration date on my credit card and I'm declining. Two days ago, no problem, they just debited checking like I...
18
18

fa: here's a challenge for you guys - have you found something more out of context than this box of 32 Ford V8 pistons?
so, this is a long weekend, right? So I finally have time to start working again on my 36 Cadillac - I need to replace a lot of the wood that frames the body (36 was the last year that they used a...
7
7

Buying a lathe blindfolded
Guys, I have long wanted to buy a Hardinge HLV or Monarch 10EE lathe strictly for hobby use. Admittedly, my approach is neither scientific nor even rational. My basis for wanting one is not based on...
25
25

Great homemade volcano recipe
Volcano fits inside a 12 inch diameter clay flowerpot, shoots lava and volcano like flames 10 feet in the air, makes pools of white hot lava. Works great on 4th of july. I can share a recipe if anyone...
9
9

A Whale
I've been looking into this monster skimmer ship. Sounds like it hasn't been proven. Pictures I've seen makes me wonder how this thing is going to work. The slits seem to be above the water line....
9
9

Phase II and BXA
I couldn't find the thread where we discussed Phase II and BXA but I decided today to dump my Aloris AXA wedge and go with Phase II BXA wedge for my Clausing 6903. Now, assuming the post is worth...
6
6

part out HNC - ping Gunner
I'm making room for the big backhoe by parting out a couple boneyard machines... I moved the hardinge HNC into the shop and just got the headstock and spindle motor removed. Next chore is the...
14
14

Bought an air compressor Saturday
I went to Rural King Saturday and bought a Porter Cable 60 gallon vertical 3HP compressor model C7501 for $400. I went back and forth quite a bit and would prefer a big Quincy compressor, or something...
9
9

hydraulic motors vs PTO
A friend has a shiny new Kubota 4400 tractor, and we were planning to get a 3-ph PTO generator for it. But reading further, the Kubota PTO itself is just a hydraulic motor. [So are the drive wheels,...
2
2

DoN Nichols
Don, as our resident crimper expert, do you think that this stuff would prove useful for light home duty use? eBay Mobile
2
2

How to connect "signal ground" terminals?
In this mill, there will be many devices with "signal ground", such as encoders, ppmc control box, servo drives etc. I think that I should I tie all of those signal grounds, and the minus of the...
12
12