Subject Author Posted Replies

Interesting micro drill
One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only...

GOOD! Cheap lathe found!!!
Gunner........ One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers...
1
1

Hack Saw Blades
Hi all, Years ago (late 60's) I got a smoking deal on several hundred Swedish made Craftsman 'Simi-Flexable Alloy Steel' hacksaw blades. All 12" 32 tooth. I thought I was set for life... but a couple...
19
19

More mill wiring progress
I have developed a deep appreciation of DIN rail. By now the mill is wired with fuses. There is two 20A fuses, for L1 and L2. From the fuses, I feed a 240->120v control transformer. Output of this...
14
14

Cute 3 HP Baldor grinder
http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp/283.JPG.html
13
13

Coloring metal
Can anyone send me to a site, or some book or source where I can get a fast track on how to color metal by heating and chemicals? Mainly heating? It will be for decorative outdoor items. Thanks. Steve
6
6

Clausing Head Stock for sale
Just saw a 5900 Clausing Head stock for sale. Not interested, but one of you might be. ($150). No connection to seller. Vegvary http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/tls/1812092100.html

Am I being 'el-cheapo'? (metal related)
I own about 80 tomato baskets. These are the conical wire supports that hold up the plants as they hopefully grow. Every year about a dozen baskets experience failure by having one of their welds...
34
34

Metalworking
8
8

engine power unit
I have an 11 hp. water cooled Koehler diesel engine. I'd like to use it to power three different devices: a 3" trash pump, a three phase generator, and a two stage air compressor. I want to put it all...
23
23

Tumbling small steel parts - Follow up
For anyone who is still following this: I got my ceramics (5/32 angle cut cylinders). I run some steel washers in them with commercial TSP spray diluted to 10% by distilled water. Although there was...
3
3

OT: computer and reading glasses
Just a quick note to let the group know of my experience with computer/reading glasses from Zenni. I have been attempting to use a somewhat weaker set of reading glasses as computer glasses for some...
17
17

OT-How to hack smart meters
Worried about the security of the Smart Grid? You should be. Security researchers warn that the Smart Grid could become a hacker's playground. As proof, here are four ways the Smart Grid can be...
13
13

Window Air Conditioner Converted to Dehumidifier Ideas? (2023 Update)
Why is it always something when one tries to do something. I need to shoot texture aka sheet "rock" compound in a room that has a 2' X 15' opening along the ceiling. Humidity has been high, but now it...
7
7

MINTY! OmniTurn GT75 for sale
low time machine. Minty and I tested it fully, checked it out totally, last week, and its virtually factory new. Located in Santa Ana, California. $17k or best offer. Gunner
2
2