Subject Author Posted Replies

Physics/engineering question
I want to start covering the 16' between my containers. I found a bunch of sheet steel decking at bargain basement prices, but want to make some A frame trusses both to hold up the sheets, and to form...
15
15

fs: spintites (nut drivers) anyone?
I ended up with WAY too many of these things - and of course I didn't get what I wanted either - so, for those who don't know what a Spintite is, that's a brand name, they are like a screw driver, but...

fixing petrobond
I've add too much oil to my petrobond. Is there anyway to fix it? thanks, Q
2
2

OT: Roundup
This stuff is getting insanely expensive. Last gal of concentrate I got 2 years ago was $40. Now it's $100+ I was thinking of this: use a metering sprayer that mixes concentrate in selectable ratios....
17
17

Auto Body Welding and Air Compressors
I'm getting close to cutting out rust and installing panels. I have a Century wire feed welder, MIG and flux-core, will flux core work for auto body? I'm wondering since I don't use this very much I...
25
25

FA: really large Mitutoyo Digimatic Micrometer head
huge thing - with nice carbide face - surely someone here has a project that could use this - from a very high end lab

What do you think about plastic sheds like this:
Could a shed like this stand up to, say, 15 years of Illinois climate. know that I should not put any metal stuff in there that I do not want to rust, I will use it for regular garden stuff. Would it...
9
9

Yet another odd metal sighting today
Some military 6.5 mm Mauser ammunition. I would not shoot it, as I hear the corrosion from the old powder eats up everything. The lady had three boxes. Then she had some .30 cal Soft nose shells in a...
4
4

Interesting metal sighting
Driving down to Vegas on Thursday. From the right at my 2 o'clock is an A-10 headed straight at the Interstate, running about 250' elevation. Right before he gets to I-15, he banks hard right, and...
3
3

Ran a motor with servo drive today
I was able to run the Y axis motor with a 30A8 servo drive today. Used a 30v power supply as power source and another power supply as a command source. I used a reversing switch for Legos as a...
11
11

DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant?
noticed they have that at the local hardware megastore. Will it work well in in-line skate or skateboard bearings? Would be nice to have a lubricant that is waterproof and will not attract dirt/grime...
12
12

OT? Plastic welding
The plastic gas tank on my lawn mower is cracked and leaking. I'm reluctant to spend almost $50 for a new tank when I can spend less than half that on this. questions: is this tool a POS or will it do...
8
8

Ref: limit switches and inhibits
Much that has been discussed is ok for "Hobby" or home type machines. As someone that retrofits drives and controls fora living I yet to hear much about the real world issues of safety and "Safety...
10
10

Plate straightener or leveler in Maryland
We do a job every so often where we mill .19" thick 5052 aluminum plates about 34" by 26". We take about 3/16" off the edge all the way around, notch a couple of corners, and put miscellaneous holes...
1
1

Mother of rivet tools
Hi folks, I must warn you, this is close to being a tool gloat. But with some unrelated crap that has happened over the last couple of days, I want to share my good fortune. At the beginning of the...
28
28