Subject Author Posted Replies

Roll your own air compressor?
Hi, Some time ago, on ebay, I bought a new air compressor pump like the one shown here: the pump has now been discontinued the site shows the technical specs for it. In the side of the compressor head...
21
21

Need a "constant torque" slip clutch
I've got a machine that must keep constant tension on a stretchy roving. I've got a slip-clutch on the takeup spool right now, but when it slips (sliding friction being less that starting friction) it...
32
32

Testing servos/Drives UPDATE
Since I fully gutted the cabinet and removed all inside wiring (but not wires coming from the outside to the huge terminal block), I was able to test more stuff. I did test the X-Y servo motors last...
7
7

OT-Obama helps small businesses
H.R. 4213 The tax hit affects the owners of small S corporations (a common way many small businesses are organized) in "professional service businesses"--doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers,...
5
5

Interesting items on Ebay
?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Pneumatic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item335d82ed43 in Oregon No connection to seller Gunner One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the...
2
2

Tumbling small steel parts
I want to tumble small steel parts in ceramic media. I have a vibratory UV10 tumbler. I have never tried ceramics and I understand the best way to use them is wet. I have tried an alternative medium...
4
4

OT: Pawn Stars
Chumlee? You gotta be kidding me JR Dweller in the cellar
5
5

Interesting California Lathe
relation to owner One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of...
8
8

Gonzo Machining for the Day
Not really today -- and not metalwork, technically. You may have noticed me whining about needing a 2mm reamer on Friday. I didn't get one, and by golly on Sunday I needed to make something fit on a...
8
8

Expanded metal
I am going to use expanded metal covering the angle side son my trailer. Would 1/2 inch 13 guage be strong enough? I am wanting to be able to haul river gravel for my mulch and I like the small 1/2...
5
5

Fishscale welds
I have never been able to get fishscale looking welds with mig or stick. Ny technique is to basically point the gun or stick at the joint, anddo counterclockwise circles repeatedly. Also, I have a...
17
17

DOes this ELektromotoren Getriebe support reverse operation
I am looking at this to see if I can run my mill's spindle with it. is a 1 phase VFD. What I do not understand is, does it support reversing of the motor (reverse). My German is not as good...
9
9

Build Instructions for Pergola With Steel I Beams?
Does anyone have links to some architectural designs and/or build instructions for pergolas built with steel I beams? I'm thinking of a simply design with four steel I beam posts, four cross beams,...

OT-Municipal Debt Racket
New Jersey officials recently celebrated the selection of the new stadium in the Meadowlands sports complex as the site of the 2014 Super Bowl. Absent from the festivities was any sense of the burden...
1
1

Stepper control
I have a simple application for a stepper as a wire feeder(of course). I have a 34 frame stepper with a 12:1 gear box and a Axidyne (tolomatic) 80v 5A microstepper drive. All I need it to do is run...
14
14