Subject Author Posted Replies

Ladder programs for PLCs
I want/need to replace a few relay-logic controls with PLCs. Typically, a machine is using 6 to 8, 3 or 4 pole DT relays, 6 to 8 limit switches and 3 to 4 operator switches, and 4 to 6...
31
31

air compressor on new amtrak locomotives
I was at the local ice cream place that is adjacent to one of the local train tracks. The Amtrak pulled up to exchange passengers at the nearby station. A bit after it stopped, I heard a very familiar...
22
22

Any Way to Buy Steel Construction Beams Damaged?
Is there any way to buy steel construction beams that have some kind of deformity or damage that would make them unable to be used in commercial construction? I'm trying to find a way to buy beams for...
6
6

Steve B to mother ship
Is this working? Steve B
3
3

I have decided to junk all old control stuff
After much thinking, I agree with Karl, I will be much better off if I junk all old controls, etc. It is kind of complicated and will be hard to keep track of it. i
8
8

Gaga
Students and faculty from the University of Washington's Information School get their groove on. Directed, edited, and produced by Sarah Wachter. Lyrics by Sarah Wachter. Lyrics available here:...
1
1

A candidate for membership on RCM?
http://la-gun.com:80/videos/manning/
78
78

Milling head reinstalled
I put the milling head back on the Interact mill. Slightly exhausted.
3
3

Roof top rack (metal related)
2008 Kia Rondo. Have two roof rails on top of car but no cross members. Dealer wants $200 for a pair of cross members. Too much money at this time. Wrecking yards don't have this model (2006 - 2008)...
9
9

boxford little giant tool post grinder
Hi all, I have a pristine condition toolpost grinder for sale, with all original accessories. contact me on nigel(dot)wildgust(AT)ntlworld(dot)com for photo and any more details. thanks Nigel

Problem Solved: Parking

Way OT: 2-year checkin
I reported to Unity Hospital today for an ultrasound, followed by a nuclear stress test. Spent most of the afternoon there. Far as I know, both procedures were prescribed as a routine cardiac...
8
8

Victory
Those that follow this NG regularly may remember my questions about backhoe repair. After an awful time just getting the hoe separated from the tractor I found the four plates holding the cradle and...
17
17

Machine Tool Stores in Portland OR?
Title says it all. I understand that the answer is probably "yer screwed", but I'm hoping to luck out. I find myself in need of a 2mm reamer and probably the correct number drill to make the initial...
5
5

Can someone from UK help me?
I found out that Hardinge UK (current owner of Bridgeport Machines, LTD) heas a complete maintenance manual , with schematics, for my Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 mill. I called them and they told...
7
7