Subject Author Posted Replies

Victory
Those that follow this NG regularly may remember my questions about backhoe repair. After an awful time just getting the hoe separated from the tractor I found the four plates holding the cradle and...
17
17

Machine Tool Stores in Portland OR?
Title says it all. I understand that the answer is probably "yer screwed", but I'm hoping to luck out. I find myself in need of a 2mm reamer and probably the correct number drill to make the initial...
5
5

Can someone from UK help me?
I found out that Hardinge UK (current owner of Bridgeport Machines, LTD) heas a complete maintenance manual , with schematics, for my Bridgeport Series II Interact 2 mill. I called them and they told...
7
7

Mercedes SLS AMG Roll Test
A great video of the 571hp Mercedes SLS AMG managing to run upside down in a tunnel, proving the Germans do have a sense of humor!

Some more fun and progress
See a closeup picture of the Bosch servo drives and other cabinet internals: traced some wires. Wires A1 and A2, so marked on the servo motor's terminal, are power. Applying power from a separate DC...
2
2

Help soldering broken bandsaw blade
Obviously I'm doing something wrong here as my joints are brittle and don't hold worth squat. I ground the ends of the blade to about 45 degrees and cleaned the ends with sandpaper. I put on plenty of...
56
56

DIY Step Stool Plans?
I'm needing some aluminum welding practice, and I thought that making a step stool would be a "nice to have around the shop" project. Yeah, I know that I could just buy one.... but i've got many...
3
3

More updates on the Bridgeport conversion project
1. I sold some parts of this Bridgeport CNC mill, specifically the Heidenhain controller and an optional keypad for same. After subtracting the sold price from the price I paid for the whole mill, the...
15
15

Is it worth having your own tire changer?
I found this nearby: if it would be worth having changing tires on trailer, small tractor, wife's car? I dont have a balancer though. http://nashville.craigslist.org/tls/1784566427.html
13
13

Indexing/Dividing Heads
Does anyone here use a dividing head with a mini mill? I'll be attempting to cut a variety of gears, and I'd appreciate experiences and recommendations on what I should keep my eyes open for. I have a...
24
24

OT: Maybe the primer shortage is easing
Just got my almost daily spam mail from Midway USA. After passing on the item they are pushing, I searched for primers. Damn, small pistol is available along with rifle stuff for 31 bucks. 31 is still...
11
11

VFD's seen
I was at Mendelson's recently and saw they had a pile of VFD's. Here's all I know about them: AC Eagle WE8202 {and others} And I can't find the price in my notes. Call and ask. It's it's family run,...
3
3

Testing servos/Drives
I would like to get some clear idea on how to test components of what I build. Say, just a servo: can I test it by connecting a small DC power supply to + and - cables and gradually increasing...
6
6

Is this a tachometer?
I am reading about AMC drives and how they are supposed to be connected to tachometers for feedback. And my question is, is this thing with brushes and wires a tachometer?
31
31

Spindle Bore specification question
When spindle bore is specified as (say) 1", does that mean I can pass a typical piece of 1" stock through it? The tolerance on standard stock is, say +/-0.002" so the actual hole would have to be a...
4
4