Subject Author Posted Replies

1996 Chevy ABS update:
Well had the codes scaned for my ABS light always on. I got the following: C0021, c0022, c0026,c0035, c0037. He asked me if I had unpluged anythign and I told him I had at the module under the hood...
1
1

Mach 6
"Scramjet-Powered USAF Aircraft Hits Mach 6" [ .... "We equate this leap in engine technology as equivalent to the post-World War II jump from propeller-driven aircraft to jet engines." .... ] No...
6
6

OT Bought a 2001 Ford Ranger
I bought a 2001 Ford Ranger 4X4 truck last weekend, 106K miles, 4.0L 6 Cyl. I'm wanting to find out what items I can expect to need to replace within the next 50k to 100K miles. Such as sensors, ball...
30
30

Soldering Flux Paste Solvent
Oops. After finishing soldering my Very First model airplane fuel tank, I went to do the last step of any soldering project -- cleaning off the flux. Unfortunately, while I know that the flux I use...
21
21

Best way to store/hold/rack TIG wire?
Ive got about 300 lbs of TIG welding wires of all types. Stainless, phos/bronze, sil/bronze, mild steel etc etc. Probably 12 different types/sizes. Much of it came came in 2" PVC open topped tubes...
24
24

OT - posted to a recycle list
I sent this to a free recycle list. The post was rejected. =================================== Offered: Surplus crude oil left over from a drilling operation. New surplus. This isn't used or old throw...
3
3

fa: metric plug gauges anyone
I'm out of space - these have to leave my living room, so, 99 cent starting bid - Deltronics plug gauges

New (to me) JPS 7x12 band saw
I've never heard of JPS but the unit looks nice and the salesman claims it was used by a supplier to cut of samples of some material and it is very low hours. And, we got a great deal! It kinda' look...
11
11

Semi OT: Win7 and XP mode for legacy cad applications
I need a new box soon. I'm running Alibre on a W2K box that is 8 years old and on a laptop that has XP. The W2K box seems to be stronger likely due to the graphics card in it. Some addons to Alibre...
9
9

Tooltime History Vintage Tool For Percussive Tools 1943 Black & Decker Patent 2328201
I found one of these odd-looking tools at a garage sale, and was curious what it was meant to do. Bit Control for Percussive Tools the area of #25 on the drawing, there is a spring captured between...
7
7

3 phase
I think I hate my son. I've been getting stuff together to make a *real nice* phase converter. One that would do a couple 100 amp machines at the same time. He just called and told me he has REAL...
52
52

Do not buy a Harbor Freight "rock tumbler"
Unless you want it to break after 3 weeks, that is. What a POS. I bought it to show what rock tubling is, to my kids. I sort of knew that it is junk, and bought an extended warranty, but all it give...
53
53

Aluminum cooler rack and fishing rod rack help
I want to make a couple of these racks that slide into a trailer hitch receiver. What size/thickness of tubing? I plan to use a spool gun.
3
3

RIP martin gardner
a real loss
5
5

Odd clamping jig/workholder
I've got a tough-dog clamping job to do. I want to mill my lawnmower blades, rather than grind them. The blades must be mounted at an angle to the table (tilting the head just wouldn't work well in...
26
26