Subject Author Posted Replies

Who was offering the MT3 to MT5 adapter?
...Looking for one now of course, a few weeks after they were offered. :) Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills: Tapping: Site:
12
12

pump-up air rifle
Need a pump leather( neoprene cup that snaps on over a ball on the piston.)--Benjamin 317 or a URL to a website would be helpful TIA--Jerry or the name of a newsgroup would work also..
4
4

Bridgeport repair guy visited today (CNC Bridgeport)
I found a local company that repairs Bridgeport mills. I decided to pay them for a visit and to look at the mill and find out what is wrong. As you recall, what I have is a monitor that is completely...
3
3

Finding the center of a disk
Sorry for the metal content, but there might be someone here who knows the answer! I would like to find the center of a 6" metal disk (center the mill spindle precisely over it). Here is my plan......
21
21

Coolant flow
Any advice, rules of thumb, tables for calculating cutting coolant flow? Links to web pages would be appreciated. I'm designing a coolant pump and associated delivery system to be used for a small...
2
2

Way OT - I got email from the FBI!
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has discovered through our intelligence Monitoring Network that you are eligible to receive the sum of $7,500,000.00 USD regarding to an over-due Inheritance/Award...

Hey Karl! Is it still stuck in park?
Did you get "the kid" back on the road? What fixed it? Or have you been driven over a few times?
7
7

A couple of decent tools cheap
I just bought an indexable face mill from Shars and a set of MT-2 shell mill holders from Tools-for-Cheap to fit my BP M-head machine. $43 and $66 including shipping, respectively. Wow... I'm...
5
5

Effect of "I do not call 911" stickers?
We had a burglary in our neighborhood, which was kind of unexpected, and it made me wonder: if I put a few stickers on my house saying "I don't call 911" it deter burglars or would they actually want...
29
29

Best drill bits to buy?
I'm in the market for a completes set of numbered bits to replace the cheap Chinese set Ii bought a few years ago (a lot of the smaller ones were actually the same size :/) Who makes the best set? I...
12
12

Drill bit temperature?
I was drilling some 1/2" holes today in some 3/8" mild steel today (for the base clamp of a drill press stand I am putting together), and was wondering about drill bit temperatures. I'm using "Rapid...
7
7

Workshop Practice
I was going to add some of the workshop Practice books to my collection, but wanted get feedback first. Particularly suggestions for the best ones, because I'm sure all of them are not great books....
17
17

Selling nice pre-war German height gage
Very nice with 0.02 mm vernier. http://cgi.ebay.com/Hahn-Kolb-metric-height-gage-gauge-German-pre-WWII-/220610815847

stuck in park
"The Kid" is closing on his house today. backing his van up a steep hill with a heavy trailer, he put it in park and got out to make sure he wasn't going to hit anything. Now, its stuck. I leave in a...
36
36

Home Despots -- NEVER again!
I thought I would spread the news about an issue I had with Home Depot Friday. We had a trenching crew cut a buried feeder to our water pump. It was old direct-burial UF-TW, and I knew the size and...
30
30