Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Lemon Picker
LEMON PICKER The woman applying for a job in a Florida lemon grove seemed to be far too qualified for the job. The foreman frowned and said, "I have to ask you this: "Have you had any actual...
2
2

out to eat
I just had a meal with an old friend I hadn't seen in over a year. I asked him how's it been? He said not good at all and I don't expect things to get better till November 2012. Karl
5
5

Fadal "functions-trig" calculator online?
Awl -- The Fadal pendant/screen has a nice collection of trig/geometry ditties involving angles, lines, circles, tangents, blends, etc. Is something like this available online? I've found whips and...
2
2

Hello Dah Lih?
Shopping manual mills for a friend. Ran across a Dah Lih vertical. Looks to have power knee, tapping head Slightly bigger than BP, very clean. Have not seen it in person, pics look good, no tooling...
2
2

Videos of US Navy vintage analog fire control computers
'nuff said! (video #7, the others will appear to the right) an educational film about vintage u.s navy analog computers. I assume this government flick is public domain. No copyright breach intended.
1
1

OT: Tough Times For Usenet
Hi all, Came across this... it's kind of sad. Duke is where Usenet originated. I'm beginning to wonder if Usenet will even exist in another 5 to 10 years. Erik
9
9

Another tractor
Another tractor followed me home last night. Its an International Loader backhoe. Now, Julie wants me to sell one. How is that done? I've never let one go. But she insists six is too many. I've never...
30
30

Capstan project
Hello everyone Capstans - have had a project in mind to make a capstan for some time now. Anyone any experience or ideas on capstans? Last summer, rescued a worm-drive gearbox from a machine being...
15
15

OT-Credible alternatives for students
A small but influential group of economists and educators is pushing another pathway: for some students, no college at all. It's time, they say, to develop credible alternatives for students unlikely...
52
52

Import BXA toolpost experience
I'm looking at an Aloris wedge type quick change toolpost on eBay. the seller (Discount Tools from Huntingdon Beach CA) shows a piston type post, he said that ad is for the wedge type post and that it...
55
55

Johns Deere L130 belt video
Here are some videos after I replaced the idler pully, spring, and idler arm bracket. I need to buy a new belt as this one is frayed. Does this look like it is running right? ?v=jkgLHb24cdw
1
1

run it on seven
"The Kid" has been fixin on his diesel pickup at my place. He got it running today but only on seven cylinders. he's got a programmer to read codes and #3 injector is not operating. he thinks at least...
11
11

Good _2D_ Cad
I've been following the threads about CAD by Bronxilogically Violated, and have been too apathetic to mention: If you want to make 2D _drawings_, the kind of stuff that you actually give to machinists...
4
4

USB camera for powder check
The thing that scares me the most in my reloading endeavors is a squib. To visually check every case for the proper amount of powder is inconvenient and slow. (but better than two in the tube or a...
39
39

actually on topic - an interesting C clamp - anyone else seen one?
I picked up an interesting C clamp today, on one side of the main casting it says GRAND DualGrip REG US PAT OFF, on the other side it says 40A and 40 (presumably casting numbers), and QUIKCET Pat...
10
10