Subject Author Posted Replies

USB camera for powder check
The thing that scares me the most in my reloading endeavors is a squib. To visually check every case for the proper amount of powder is inconvenient and slow. (but better than two in the tube or a...
39
39

actually on topic - an interesting C clamp - anyone else seen one?
I picked up an interesting C clamp today, on one side of the main casting it says GRAND DualGrip REG US PAT OFF, on the other side it says 40A and 40 (presumably casting numbers), and QUIKCET Pat...
10
10

OT - frustrated and baffled over garage door springs
My overhead garage doors use extension springs. I thought I might convert to torsion springs and looked on the web for a kit. All I could find was the springs themselves, and various other parts. No...

Shopping for a Live Center?
Thanks to the suggestions on a machining problem I posed in another thread, it looks like I need to buy myself a live center. My lathe is an Emco Maier Super 11, which has a #2 Morse taper. It was...
29
29

"reduced head" flat head cap screws?
Awl -- I need to use 1/4-20 FH cap screws, but the head on these is really large, and a pain to c-sink. It seems that a head size of about a #10 or #12 FH screw would do me just fine. Also, smaller...
13
13

Cutting steel tubing on a RAS/carbide blade
Awl -- I've gotten so spoiled from cutting alum on my RAS, that it would be nice to cut 16 ga steel tubing, generally on the order of 1/2 x 1 to 3/4 x 1 1/2. The RAS is nominal 10", but I think a 7...
1
1

cutting nylon
I need to cut a gentle curve through the long dimension of several 1/2"x1/2"x1" pieces of hard nylon stock (making soft jaws for bending pliers). I tried using a bandsaw and the two pieces welded...
19
19

OT-Gold shortage in EU
It is not just professional investors who are worried. Bullion traders report a sharp increase in demand from ordinary savers. Refineries in South Africa say they are overwhelmed by orders from...
1
1

The youth of today!!!
Remember that Miller welder with a TIG attachment that I bought for $0.99? I sold it on Craigslist. The buyer paid $150 for it, which was a great deal for a working welder on a running gear, with a...
60
60

Can this be run on single phase?
am loooking for an air compressor for my home shop/garage 30x30 that I could use with a sand blaster if I want. I found this: said something about a rotary phase converter. I emailed the guy and he...
10
10

Balancing a fan
I got so much help on my sprayer, I'm trying again... Full time investigation and part replacement has me working on this theory of the problem cause: The squirrel cage fan is out of balance. It is...
37
37

PING: Bill Noble
I lost the auction for your Linotype Lead, But I drove the price up nicely! If you get any more, let me know.

McMaster is instant fulfillment!
I ordered a pair of Imperial model IE-180 wire cutters late on the 12th, and they arrived just now. Hot damn, that's just about instantaneous... Must have shipped from Elmhurst.
13
13

Remember that o-ring groove in that piston?
Well, I tried to assemble the hole thing and the push rod threaded into my piston crooked... How is that possible I wondered. I did everything on the lathe. Oh, shit. No I didn't. My mini lathe was...
12
12

Harbor Freight safety instructions
SWMBO bought a hamburger press at Harbor Freight last weekend. So I'm getting ready to use it... unpack it... to find "Assembly and Operating Instructions". (WTF?? It's a hamburger press, for Pete's...
62
62