Subject Author Posted Replies

Combining compressors
I am wanting to do some sandblasting in the future. (Like a trailer frame). Most pressure blasters with a large nozzle take a huge amount of air. I dont have 3 phase in my garage. Is it possible to...
14
14

Hydraulic hose question
Would going from a 3/16"ID hose to a 1/4" ID hose make any difference in how something works? The hydraulic hose that controls the Reeves drive on my Clausing lathe is 3/16" ID. I could get one from...
11
11

NO DOPE!!! Dope!
I was just replacing our dishwasher with a new one, and I noticed something... First off let me tell you in the past I have always swapped stuff like this myself, but when we moved into this house we...
13
13

rotational vibration
I'm repairing the same issue on my airblast sprayer for about the fifth time. Own something long enough and the same problems keep repeating. the sprayer has a vibration in it at 2500 tractor RPM, 540...
34
34

[Way OT] RFC (Request for Catchphrase)
Resolved that all future stock market freefalls of 9% or larger within one hour be called 'Tourre Cliffs'. "London-based Goldman banker Fabrice Tourre, accused by the SEC of being the mastermind...

Moving / Lifting a KO Lee Tool & Cutter grinder
Where are the lift points on a BA900 KO Lee Tool and Cutter grinder? The seller no doubt will load it with a forklift, but on my end I"ll be unloading it from my truck with an engine hoist / cherry...
3
3

OT follow up - wood power tool search
Thanks to all who replied to my query, I found what I wanted at CARBATEC. Its a wood grinding blade for an angle grinder, goes real well, even in our local hardwood (red gum) Theres 2 of them, coarse...

OT-American flag offends teacher
This one involves an art project. A Salinas middle school student said her teacher stopped her from drawing the American flag, while another student's picture of President Obama was praised. Tracy...
28
28

mini truck
ebay item #320530041119 eBay Mobile

What happened to mini-trucks?
I was interested in a mini-truck for transportation to and from work but they disappeared. I bought a brand new Nissan in 1985, it got close to 30mpg. Today's small trucks all look larger, more the...
17
17

OT Vacuum pump maintenance / repair
I purchased a used Robinair 15102-A vac pump last winter (much better price off season). Now I am ready to use it. I added oil (did not replace the old oil since I was doing a test evacuation) and...
49
49

I'm offline until Sunday
I will rejoin the goldbug thread next week. Joe Gwinn
2
2

Old TIG welder - Marshall Dynabolt
One of these is up for sale near me, wondered if anyone has any opinions on 'em? It has a pedal, torch and leads with it (no gas reg'), looks almost identical to a Miller Dialarc? I'm assuming that...

Toolbox List
Here's the text for the title cards in my 20-drawer Hollerith card cabinet, which are themselves Hollterith cards (or they were until I ran out and cut some from stock to 3/25 x 7.375 inches):...
1
1

Second anniversary
It is my second smoke-free anniversary. I can't take credit quite yet because I was in medically-induced coma for five days and then had other discomforts that distracted my attention from nicotine...
21
21