Subject Author Posted Replies

Advanced Machining
"Evidence of Advanced Machining In Ancient Egypt" Evidence of Advanced Machining In Ancient
10
10

Another lathe of interest
relation to seller Gunner http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/tls/1732844795.html

Airco PhaseArc 350 Mig FS
Ive got my big Airco PhaseArc 350 mig for sale. 230/440 3phase Add wire and a tank of your gas of choice and its yours. Good regulator included. On a well made wheeled cart. Located in Taft...
21
21

somewhat OT but no politics - anyone know how to date a MAC hood ornament?
I have two rechromed (I presume) shiny polished MAC hood ornaments - to make my tool fund grow as fast as possible, I'd like to be able to date them - I put one up on ebay here don't find any...
1
1

RAF formation flight training
We're having so much fun with this in I want to share it here: http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/8e454148ff8afb67_large
12
12

ceramic shell repair?
Hi! My school recently got its furnace running again, and I'm doing my (effectively first, for all intents and purposes) bronze piece. Also my first time working with ceramic shell. I spent, gosh, 80+...
1
1

One more gunsmith question
The trigger guard on this kids' Savage Arms shotgun attaches with screws (which are missing). The thread looks like 10-32, but becomes hard to turn after appx. 3 turns. Is that possibly a weird...
16
16

Small engine repair question
Cub Cade riding mower. 24 Hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine. 129 Hours, 6 years old. SWMBO has been complaining that it doesn't have the power that it used to and it kind of 'sputters'. Put on new...
11
11

Gunsmith question (blackening)
I have a little 20 gauge shotgun that has some rust on the barrel. It is functional despite that, but I would like to clean it up a bit. I would like to know what is the proper procedure. I guess I...
29
29

fa: here's an interesting piece of technology you don't see too often - slide system with magnetic audio track on each slide
since some of you folks like interesting technological oddities, here's one for your collective amusement: I've had this thing sitting around for a very long time - much too long, it seems to me - but...
1
1

Caliper
I have a Mitutoyo digital caliper that I bought in 1995. It has given me good service all these years but just lately I noticed that it reads about .002 over. The reading is about the same all the way...
4
4

Jet lathe motor HELP
My 13 x 40 Jet lathe motor gave up the goast. Turn it on and it hums. It is against the wall so it is hard to see the motor but I see capacitor gue coming out of it. it is a 2 HP 220 VAC Capacitor...
22
22

Laptop System equirements for SW
Awl -- I'm looking for a laptop that will run SW, trying to avoid super-pricey. According to I'd be best off cost-wise/ram-wise with regular XP Pro, 32 bit. But then there is a note that support for...
7
7

Turning an O-ring groove in piston
So what's the proscribed method? I expect I need a pretty consistent radius bottom. What's the best way. Make a rough semi V lathe bit, and then make a decent round one to finish?
19
19

irrigation water flow rate and nozzle diameter
Most unusual frost/freeze predicted tomorrow. We're looking at winds 18 gusting to 25 with freezing conditions. The strawberries are in bloom. Standard protocol for still condition frost in strawberry...
6
6