Subject Author Posted Replies

3 gal pancake compressor
I got a 3 gal compressor from HF, and it's OK for airing up tires. Or inflating basketballs. As to air tools, it only powers the tools for a couple seconds, and then the recovery time is a bit long....
31
31

Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes
Just trying to see if anyone ever really needed 3/4 drive sockets (impact and not), for light home use. Nothing bigger than a pickup or a 15 HP compressor or a small CNC mill like Bridgeport Series II...
54
54

Fantastic metal work
out pages 2,3,4 also.
1
1

OT Document download services - scam?
I am interested in downloading a text book instead of buying it. Having been unemployed for 7 of the past 12 months and just back to work, money is tight and buying the book will set me back $97+$4...
9
9

WTB Wards Powermatic Lathe
This is a 11" or larger cabinet lathe, bright metallic green with a white racing strip. Sold by Montgomery Wards until around 1980. Made by Logan/Houdaille I am looking to buy one, in very good to...
15
15

Fresh Veggies
Is been a very long time since I had fresh picked plant ripe veggies. Probably since I grew a garden as a kid or maybe a couple summers I spent with my grandparents. We just had dinner which included...
9
9

For Sale- Lincoln Idealarc 250 welder
you know..I repair machinery for a living. I just finished repairing this welder, and cleaning it up. Cleaned switch contacts, cleaned fan and inside of welder, added some welding cables and a decent...
24
24

Economy and garage sales
There has been a significant decline in local garage sales both in their number and in the quality of the stuff available compared with previous years. Is this happening elsewhere? It seems like there...
15
15

Who is this guy?
I had TV on just now. Not Deadliest Catch, nor First 48, nor Life, nor Dumbest ........... And I saw the most ignorant big lipped biggest eared person I ever saw. Doesn't have a clue about what is...
7
7

riding mower blower
"The Kid" is moving into his first house. He's got a couple acres (out of six total) to mow and a long driveway to blow. He's shopping in the very old to antique category. Can anyone recommend a...
11
11

Another Auction Notice
I received another postcard from the local auction house today regarding an industrial auction in Hesperia on the 30th. For those of you in Southern Californicate that might be interested, they have a...
1
1

Lucky gloat
Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter. Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock...
12
12

Lifting metal to ceiling
If I install metal on my ceiling inside my garage, some of the sheets may be 16 foot long. Is there something I could build or come up with to install these myself?
21
21

Single-Source supplier for Wood/Metal working tools? Your recommendation?
I need to quickly put together an order for about $10K or so of basic woodworking and metalworking machinery and smaller stuff, for a Community Workshop starting at a University. I know of good old...
5
5

Finally a gloat for me
(this message may duplicate from eternal-september when they get around to sending it in a year or two) (image links inline with text - questions towards the end) ====================== I have known...
91
91