Subject Author Posted Replies

Got 9 Volts?
I avoided lugging a lab supply and extension cord into the field with this no-cost jig.
5
5

Hard spots in 11L14?
I just had something weird happen. I was boring a .475 deep .624 dia hole in some 11L14 on my lathe. Work was held in a 4 jaw chuck, boring tool was a boring bar for my Bridgeport's offset boring...
11
11

Stockade fence posts -- metal content indeed!
Awl -- So ahm lookin to put up 6' stockade fencing between me'n'my brain damaged neighbors, but I sure could do without the post digging, the concrete, and the drama. So's I made somewhat of a...
14
14

Free if you want it
Digiboard, fits full length ISA slot in your computer. This is approx 15" long. Provides 8 serial ports, but the cable on this one only has 4 connections so 4 serial ports. Info: fcc id fjs46w70198 pn...

Electric Motor Phase Correction Question
I have a 7.5 HP TEFC Motor on a hot high pressure washer. My 3 phase power is generated from a rotary converter. This motor is not happy with my home made power and trips the heaters. Normal load is...
12
12

CO2 or mix for MIG
I just put an ad for a CO2 bottle on craigslist. I own a waist high argon/CO2, but the cost for refilling is quite a lot more than CO2. The mix gives a better weld with slightly less spatter, but...
8
8

OT-Anarchy in Obamaville
Chicago - Chicago's top cop said he would get personally involved after 25 people were shot -- seven fatally -- in a 12-hour wave of violence. It's a show of support for a department suffering from...

Metalworking
Today, I fixed my Stanley distance calculator roller. I had broken off the POS plastic housing, so wrapped it in 22ga. steel, and then welded a piece of conduit on it for a NEW handle. I'm thinking of...
15
15

Adjusted filter
Thanks to adding "newsgroups" to the Thunderbird filter (with customize), this newsgroup sure got a lot better S/N ratio. But I had to add "talk" to "alt" and "misc".
4
4

Anyone got a Crozier Speed lathe manual?
Ive been working on the various bits and pieces Ive got stuck here and there..and its now time to fix up the old Crozier speed lathe Ive got. Its the one with the spindle hole straight through the...
4
4

Bridgeport RE24
Was anyone looking for prints for a RE24 Bridgeport? Found a complete set in my files. If so get in touch. db
4
4

rock moving trailer
on there. I think it would be easy to make one out of 3 " x 3 " tubing, making it like a very large lever to lift the rock only a foot or so. Easy to drop the rock just where you want it, too. Steve
9
9

Heat/air for small garage/shop
I have been lookign around at used heat/air conditioners for my garage/ shop. It is not used all the time, mainly on weekends currently. It is a 30x30x10 metal building with 2x4 walls in the inside...
26
26

Mary's surgery
From: "Don Foreman" Subject: Re: OT Good news (from "who will be the first") Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:03 PM Remediation of atrial fibrillation, valves not involved. The new Abbott mitraclip is...
1
1

Is it me?
I see lots of ads on TV for cordless drills. In almost every case, they are chucked up to a simple #2 Phillips bit. Why is that? Don't they know about all the quick change extensions? I have used just...
22
22