Subject Author Posted Replies

Zero Fog mister
I just had about my 100th request to make a copy of my zero fog mister. its a device to spray coolant without that annoying fog the cheap misters put out. Anyway I looked up the links and thought I'd...
12
12

Newbie worn gear questions
I'm considering making a telescope mount with clock drive. It will involve making a worm and mating gear. I've seen it done either way: The worm is made of a hard substance (steel) and the gear of...
13
13

Pressure washer sand blasting head
Has any one made their own sand blasting head for a pressure washer instead of a commercial one? if so could you impart some of your knowledge or a plan or a photo?
1
1

OT: Looking for used B52 inner tubes
Any of you guys know where I might find large aircraft inner tubes such as for the B52? I guess 747 inner tubes would work too. Pete Stanaitis --------------------
2
2

What a load of snake oil (non political) FD-47
commercial I just saw on television is an insult to anyone with a functioning brain. Wes Add more credibility to your site - get a premium domain today. Straight-forward shopping experience.
9
9

Question: Metal Bending
I am looking into getting a metal brake for making 90 degree bends lengthwise in 24-3/8" long, 16(or possibly 14) gauge steel. I'll also need something that will allow me to turn .005 to .020" thick...
8
8

What is a good wheel for a HF tool grinder?
I have a 46K right now. Not so impressed. 1-704-368 at KBC tools. The green wheels that came with it work just as well. Suggestions? Tips on using this machine? Wes

control a pot
I need to control a pot with my CNC control. One option is to get a pot turner like this: would work but I'm not real keen on having a device to physically turn a knob. I've got a whacky idea that I'd...
22
22

Speed Rack max load
I have the older style of Speed Rack brand warehouse rack in my barn. Its painted yellow. All this generation has this color from what I've seen. About 1985 this design was obsoleted and replaced with...
8
8

OT - free 78 and 45 ink jet cartriges
from a neighbor's printer that died - seem to have lots of ink in them - thought they would fit a friend's printer but they don't - pay postage only
3
3

SS
Where can I get a comparison chart for stainless steel? I have some knives, some made out of 440, and some 420. I would like to just know what the differences are. Steve
3
3

Actual Metalworking -- Cox engine head
Search on "cox_head". Just finished running it -- ran through a whole tank of 10% nitro fuel. I couldn't do that with the stock head; I think it just didn't have enough compression. This head has...
20
20

What's the smoke point of engine oil?
I've been using engine oil as a coolant for high power resistors but am wondering whether something like peanut, sunflower or avocado oil would be better. Engine oil gives off an awful smell when it...
7
7

Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA
Expands World-Wide Best month of activity in USA in six years, makes my search for an investment in a warehouse, possibly, even too late, although realistically I still have a chance. My own opinion,...
37
37

How to center a chuck ?
I got this chuck that i want to use on my logan 12" lathe. While fitting the chuck to the backplate i noticed the chuck does not have a recess on the back side for centering. Any ideas on how to...
15
15