Subject Author Posted Replies

Layoff Letter
Dear Employees: As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate...

Do rural home owners need guns for self defense?
Do rural homeowners need guns for self-defense? By Massad Ayoob Do rural homeowners need guns for self-defense? Some- times they do and sometimes they don't, according to Ayoob's experience, but those...
1
1

Source for 5MM or 3/16 HP tubing
I'm trying to make replacement probes for a fasttest connector. The tubing is 5 mm and about 1.5MM [.060"] id. I took a chance on some 3/16" 0.090" since it was close and available at Mcmasters. I...
4
4

Own a Continental or Wisconsin engine?
You'll want a copy of the Parts Catalog, Owners and Repair manuals and Options / Accessories detail diagrams for FREE! http://www.wisconsinmotors.com/partcatalog-accesser.html...

Ideas wanted (metal related)
Going to the Portland, OR swap meet soon. 8-10 hours of walking for this old guy. Was thinking of pushing my two wheel dolly through the show, and, would like to attach a fold down seat to the...
9
9

2006 Hyundai ElantraGls
Sharon Linnett ------------------------------------- Can any one tell me or show me where the transmission sensor is on the 2006 Hyundai Elantra Automatic transmission...

Motor Starter Relays Current Type Fractional HP Bench Grinder
I bought a couple of used Dayton bench grinders recently, and found some Klixon current-type motor starter relays being used instead of centrifugal switches for switching between Start and Run...
1
1

MT6 to MT5 or less
Morse taper adapter quest.... Anyone out there have a MT6 to MT5, MT4, MT3 or even an MT2 adapter they would want to part with? McMaster has #6 to #5 and #4... MSC has them too... But if someone has...
8
8

about precise cutting on stainless tubing
Hi, all I 'd like to know who does precise cutting like 0.040 thickness from 3" OD {A} x 2.870" ID {B} x .065" {C} Wall Tube 304 Stainless Steel, Annealed with reasonable cost. I got quote(300 pieces)...
3
3

Has Winston posted recently?
I just noticed that I hadn't noticed Winston from RCM posting recently. Anyone hear from the gent lately? Wes
6
6

Making an arbitrary angle in pipe
My neighbor is re-doing his electrical service feed because he wants to increase capacity to 200 amps. As part of that, he wants to re-route the outdoor conduit from meter to relocated mast. We found...
14
14

How to buy a warehouse
I keep hearing that commercial real estate is in bad shape. At the same time, valuations of stocks are up 70% and I would like to diversify my investments a little bit, as I am mostly invested in...
32
32

Getting rid of my rotary table and dividing head
I am getting rid of both my Troyke DMT-15 rotary cross slide table, and the dividing head. The reason is that I came across something similar to this: also is threaded on the OD, with 2 3/16-10...
15
15

Millrite X-axis thrust bearings were frozen
On my old (built in 1965) Millrite MVI vertical mill, one annoyance is the difficulty setting the table to a specified X (side-to-side) location. One would overshoot, in both directions. My first...
4
4

Semi On Topic Agent Reader related
A while back I realized that 'Message with newest thread first' really improved the view of active topics. Today I created a filter that I think is another improvement. I named it "Active View" It...