Subject Author Posted Replies

How to buy a warehouse
I keep hearing that commercial real estate is in bad shape. At the same time, valuations of stocks are up 70% and I would like to diversify my investments a little bit, as I am mostly invested in...
32
32

Getting rid of my rotary table and dividing head
I am getting rid of both my Troyke DMT-15 rotary cross slide table, and the dividing head. The reason is that I came across something similar to this: also is threaded on the OD, with 2 3/16-10...
15
15

Millrite X-axis thrust bearings were frozen
On my old (built in 1965) Millrite MVI vertical mill, one annoyance is the difficulty setting the table to a specified X (side-to-side) location. One would overshoot, in both directions. My first...
4
4

Semi On Topic Agent Reader related
A while back I realized that 'Message with newest thread first' really improved the view of active topics. Today I created a filter that I think is another improvement. I named it "Active View" It...

Help Finding Hardware?
I'm going nuts trying to locate a source for a specific size of wire/cable clip/clamp. Here's a picture: are 3/8" wide, and fit a 1/8" diameter cable. The screw hole is ~ 0.150" in diameter, so they...
23
23

Millrite cuts in one direction only
Another chapter in the unfolding saga of my education as a machine tool tech. While using the Millrite MVI to mill the ends of mild steel bars off square, I noticed something odd. When moving the...
4
4

Videos of home brew cnc machine
see From the land down under, a small shop made combo horizontal/vertical machining center w/ Mach 3 controller. runs on both M/S Explorer 6.0.2800, Firefox 3.6.2 on my computer. Unka George (George...
3
3

Barbecue Grill burner replacements
I have a stainless steel grill that we bought from Sam's Club. 8 years, the iron burners on it rotted considerably. As I look for replacements, I see "cast iron burners" available at many websites....
52
52

So Much For 'Energy Star' Ratings
Always had a feeling 'Energy Star' ratings were a mostly bogus hype... looks like I was right. longacre writes "A Gasoline-Powered Alarm Clock was among 15 bogus products granted the coveted Energy...
17
17

What material for grill grate
We have a "stainless steel grill" from Sam's club. While the outside is stainless, the burners, as well as the lower grate, are not, and have almost completely rotted. I will hopefully replace the...
20
20

Anniversary of an amazingly enduring design
Monday, March 29, is the 99th anniversary of the legendary 1911 semiautomatic pistol designed by John Moses Browning. The 1911 .45 was the standard U.S. military sidearm for most of a century until...
162
162

PICTURES of my wire brushing and polishing setup
Some pictures of my cleaning setup. can clean and polish most things, like the ones pictured, in one minute or so. The pictures show two items, a Morse 2 shank to Morse 3 hole extender, and a Morse 5...
3
3

OT -- off grid power systems
I'd like to chat offline with someone who has installed a solar array system that feeds your load AND backfeeds to the grid {"meter backwards"}. And/or, I'm looking for a pointer to forums [formi??]...
26
26

Abec 9 bearings
Finally came across one. Here's how they look like. http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/misc/ebay/Barden-Precision-Bearings-202HDL-202HCDUL/Barden-Precision-Bearings-202HDL-202HCDUL-6609.jpg