Subject Author Posted Replies

KSRM Available at the DC Area Machinist's Meetup
9 AM Tuesday mornings we meet at McDonalds Seven Corners, 22044, at the intersection of Patrick Henry Dr and Route 50 (Arlington Blvd), and my like-new copy of KSRM is always available there for a...
2
2

Ceramic kitchen knives
I would like to try buying a ceramic kitchen knife like this ebay 310099844249 just mostly out of curiosity. Has anyone tried them. Thanks
52
52

Welding machines and the economy
Having sold several welders recently, I am very surprised to find out that the economic slowdown has not diminished prices or demand for welding machines (of course I never try to ask too much). Used...
2
2

School District Auction
Anyone interested in school district auctions in So. Cal. may want to take a look at this: have no connection with either the district or the auctioneer, just providing information. Jim

Delmarva
Anyone else from Delmarva? Dan
2
2

What do you call this type of nut?
I have an old Craftsman/Atlas lathe and the threads are stretched on the tailstock lockdown bolt and nut so I need to replace them. The bolt has a square head and the thread is 3/8-16 which shouldn't...
7
7

Use of Ball Radius end milles
This is a rhetorical question about an observation that I do not understand. Why is it that when using either a ball mill or a radius end mill, good finishes can only be achieved by climb milling?...
9
9

Homemade RC boat Titanic
My 7 year old wants to make a homemade Titanic boat that is remote controlled. I am a little leery of committing, as this seems to be the kind of project that may consume all my time for 2 years and...
29
29

More about internet
You got me started. Pete
5
5

AR15 evaluation
My son met a guy that needs $. He want to sell an AR15. Cash in a parking lot kind of deal. He claims its an accurized (sp) unit that has higher value. Comes with a military noise suppressor that is...
68
68

What is an edge finder and how does it work?
Seriously. What is an edge finder, and how does it work?
6
6

"Bright kids" did something stupid
Accountability a watchword for teens Late-night paddle boat trip turns deadly for 3 students By Lisa Black and Steve Schmadeke Tribune reporters 10:52 PM CST, November 14, 2008 They were smart kids...
21
21

OT- DTV Antenna?
I've heard people talking about Digital TV and saying they are getting many channels with good quality... So I'm considering getting an antenna to receive local broadcasts and save $5/month from the...
8
8

How to cut old saw blades
I need to figure out how to cut a saw blade to make a set of knives for a friend. I figure a 90 or 100 year old back saw is good metal. I've burned up several cutting disks on my Dremel with nor have...
25
25

Abene mill gearbox insides
for those interested in the Abene mills, I've uploaded a photo of the insides of the gearbox that drives the table to the drop box, though I don't see the files there just yet - file names all start...
24
24