Subject Author Posted Replies

OT- DTV Antenna?
I've heard people talking about Digital TV and saying they are getting many channels with good quality... So I'm considering getting an antenna to receive local broadcasts and save $5/month from the...
8
8

How to cut old saw blades
I need to figure out how to cut a saw blade to make a set of knives for a friend. I figure a 90 or 100 year old back saw is good metal. I've burned up several cutting disks on my Dremel with nor have...
25
25

Abene mill gearbox insides
for those interested in the Abene mills, I've uploaded a photo of the insides of the gearbox that drives the table to the drop box, though I don't see the files there just yet - file names all start...
24
24

PICTURES and some info on that military anvil
anvil is 33 inches long and weighs approximately 340 lbs. I tried to measure rebound by dropping a 1 inch diameter hard bearing ball on it and measuring how high it would rebound. My best attempts at...
10
10

dumb ass welding
After I thought I'd seen everything, now this: http://www.unknownhighway.com/images/uploads/newtruckjack.jpg
9
9

Bush 1 1/2" (bore) x 1 5/8" (OD) x 3/8" (length)?
Hi folks, Before I buy an expensive piece of stock to make one, does anyone know of a source for the following bush? I just need one. 1 1/2" (bore) x 1 5/8" (overall diameter) x 3/8" (axial length)...
19
19

Machine Repair in the CT Vo-Tech System
I received this note from our central office today and thought I would post it here since there must be some machinery repair folks lurking here abouts. Good morning everyone Attached is a bid...

[Metal] End of an Era
Stopped by the local scrapyard yesterday to see if they had anything I couldn't live without, and found out that they are stopping scrap sales. The fellow said it was in the process of being removed,...
11
11

CNC The Learning Curve
I have been playing with my new little Taig CNC setup. Getting it layed out just right was a it of a pain, but I think I have everything except a perfect tru vertical on the head. Its close enough for...
10
10

3 phase motor wiring question
My 5914 Clausing lathe came with a 3 ph, 2 hp motor. While rebuilding the lathe & motor, I managed to cut thru one of the leads without severing the insulation. Mighty neat trick that I could never...
5
5

Box Pan Brake
Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows of a website which has instructions on using a box pan brake? A video would be excellent. Thanks,
1
1

Mill advice?
Background. I have an old Index 40 vertical mill. It isn't in the greatest shape, but it is usable and I'm gradually cleaning up some of the problems from extended storage in a humid garage with a...
10
10

Help-what is reasonable?
I am slowly going through the milling machine. I have cleaned it, greased it, trammed it all successfully. I have adjusted the gibs on all is some backlash on the X and Y but nothing to worry too much...
29
29

Grinder vibration
I bought a nice Dayton pedestal grinder recently. is 3/4 HP, 8 inch wheel diameter, 7 amps IIRC, and has a dust collector in the back, which is why I liked it so much -- less dust makes for a better...
14
14

KitchenAid mixer repair
Took my wife's kitchen aid gear head apart. The sacrificial worm gear fell on its sword. Three teeth totally worn away. Easy fix as soon as new gear arrives. HOWEVER, while running the motor without...
11
11