Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman metal lathe back gear adjustment
Good Morniong I have a Craftsman metal lathe model 12L. I purchased the unit a couple of months ago and am learning how to use it. The way the unit was seated in the chip tray, the levers on the quick...
3
3

Interesting process
Basically an automated version of forming metal over a 'buck', but I haven't seen this method before... Pete
1
1

Best /Cheapest place for Briggs parts
I need to get some gaskets for a 130292 model Briggs engine. Where is the cheapest/best place to get parts online. I went to and shippign for a paper gasket was 11 bucks!
2
2

Food grade O rings?
Folks, Does anyone have a source for food grade O rings? I found one online and sent an inquiry. I was ignored. Any leads appreciated. Harold
32
32

OT: math problem with acoustics?
If: a) The threshold of human hearing is one micro bar = one atmosphere / 1,000,000 = 0 db re u bar b) The max amplitude of a sound wave conducted by air would be a vacuum in the trough and 2...
3
3

WTD 5x10 Mag Chuck
Anyone have a small 5x10 magnetic chuck they want to part with? Marty
1
1

Lathe set-up
My clausing lathe cuts tapers instead of straight cylinders. I am trying to set up my Clausing lathe in a way that eliminates the possibility that these tapers are caused by anything other than wear...
26
26

What are these pliers designed for?
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
13
13

Please help identify a tool?
Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below. Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that...
14
14

the accidental plater
Here is what goes on.... I bend a thin wall brass tube to shape then I have to melt the bending medium out of the pipe with a torch. This causes a black scaling to show up on the outside of the pipe....
35
35

Strange fish-scale plastic needed
Imagine a sheet or strip of gauze cloth on a table. Imagine you have a block of wood with a plastic material that has cuts in it like fish scales, all going one way. You could slide the block one way...
12
12

OT: Photos of mystery revolver
I have placed photos of a six shot 6mm pocket revolver manufactured by the "Manufacture d'Armes et Cycles de Saint Etienne", model "Petit Formidible", in the dropbox. The manufacturer is well known...

Metal project (sawmill)
cross posted RCM and RW Ck'n back in hoping the mind numbing election noise has died down a bit. I'm starting to build a small bandsaw mill so I can mill siding for my shop and make wide plank...
15
15

WTB/WTT/WTBBS: 1996 FADAL 4020HT VMC Manuals
group: got in a new (to us) 1996 FADAL 4020HT w/ CNC88HS control; looking to purchase, trade, beg/borrow/steal manuals for this specific machine: Model 906-1 looking for operation/programming, and...

Signed up for TIG class
Since I have this current "Welding 101" class under my belt, well almost, I am eligible for more advanced classes. I chose to take a TIG class for the next semester. (our local community college) I...
12
12