Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Filtering Google Group Postings in Agent?
I tried to filter by "Organization:", but Agent won't let me. Is there another way? I don't want to get rid of gmail, just posters from Google Groups (so far). I don't really want to do it here, but...
9
9

Brown and Shapre techmaster lives and grinds
After almost a year the "new" B & S grinder is in place. Found out you could stop the table with your hand and could not get a nice slow travel feed out of it, While trying to figure out why the PARK...
3
3

OT: NRA special offers?
Is anybody else getting a load of spam offers from the NRA for wine collections ("Dear NRA Wine Lover...2005 The Acrobat Mendocino County Malbec...Normally a Bordeaux blending variety, this Malbec is...
15
15

Bridgeport installation
Gentlemen. The bridgeport mill is still sitting on the trailer behind its new home. Tomorrow I will cut a huge gaping hole in the back wall of the house and shove the machine into the back bedroom...
14
14

Older Rong-Fu Mill Drill Question
Howdy, In a few days I will be looking at a mill drill for consideration of purchase, an older 2HP RF-30, and am hoping someone might have some experience with those. It is an actual "Rong Fu 30" ,...
10
10

Using a "bigfoot" (large dia wheel) dolly/handtruck
I own a generic handtruck/dolly with 10 inch dia pneumatic wheels. The primary use of the dolly is to move appliances (not enough use to justify getting a real $$ appliance dolly). My dolly is 22 inch...
20
20

Gasket material
I have some 1/16 cork gasket sheets at home. I am needing the carb to gas tank and carb to engine gaskets. Can I just make some out of this material or will it not work because it is a little thicker...
8
8

Intentional rust
I found a source for new free corrugated 22 ga bare steel panels 3' wide. I'm going to use them for a shade. The guy said they were 602 or something like that, meaning that the coating on them...
25
25

Bench grinder motor for Ig
Anybody need a 40hp 3-ph motor for a bench grinder, drill press or such? It might take some adapting. I'm finally dismantling my dust collection system not that I get all my blocks made elsewhere. The...
4
4

Actual Metalworking content: 'New' 1916 110HP Rotary
Take a look at you are tired of reading of politics ** mike ** Detail of the rotary pistons mechanism in the Oberusel Engine.
9
9

light Rust Removal
I have a friend with a couple of guns that have gotten a light coat of rust on them. How is the best way to remove that very light coat of rust without removing the bluing as well? Thanks, Al
33
33

Troy Bilt Tiller HH60 engine replacement?
I have an old troy bilt tiller about 1981, that broke a rod. It is the HH60 engine. I have chaecked everywhere and no replacement rod is available. It is discontinued. I believe it is a 6 horse...
9
9

CNC Enclosure
of you guys use something like this? What is the benefit or perceived benefit? I was thinking I might make a vinyl cover for my mill to keep dust and other shop particle out of the slide surfaces and...
5
5

Niobium machining polishing
Enough with the easy stuff you guys.. Any ideas of how to get a mirror finish on both sides down through a deep (inches) 0.02-0.03" wide saw kerf in pure niobium? It's a through cut, if that helps...
11
11

Metal fatigue? Best vid EVER!
5