Subject Author Posted Replies

Rockwell Toolmaker Grinder Yahoogroup
I set up a new Yahoogroup for the Rockwell Delta Milwaukee Toolmaker Grinder: another resource specific to this little grinder. Would like to see folks post on how they aquired them, what they use...
8
8

Finishes on aluminum
Awl -- I'm not quite ready for anodizing (not quite enough quantity for economy), and am wondering what other finishes can be placed on aluminum in a shop, without sending it out. In particular, are...
6
6

OT: economics -- TARP results
OT: First results of The Brokers and Bankers Emergency Relief Act of 2008 seen. Note this was *NOT* reported in an the American media. =============== Wall Street banks in $70bn staff payout Pay and...
4
4

Pictures of cabinet stand
I bought this cabinet for $5 and wanted to make sure that it stands at a convenient height. Welding ==> Cabinet Stand
5
5

OT: Stouffers Family Size Lasagna
A perenial favorite of mine when I can find it on sale for $10 or less. Snagged one last night at Safeway. I had a feeling the box was a tad smaller, but didn't really register the thought. Home; the...
6
6

Wanted: spindle speeder for NMTB40
Anyone have such an animal laying around gathering dust? Would like a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio, looking for 6-8k rpm and ER collets or something common. Jon
2
2

K-type v-belts
I have two pieces of gear that contain v-belts, one designated K-31 the other K-27. They are 1/2" deep and 5/16 wide (although with minor variations - about 0.01" - they are different ages). I cannot...
1
1

Mig with 100% helium?
Can steel, aluminum or stainless be Miged with 100% Helium. I use the gas for another reason a few weeks of the year but have to pay a year lease so I might as well use it for something else as well.

OT- Why do front brakes wear out faster than rears?
Someone asked me why their car's front brakes always seem to need replacing long before the rear brakes do. I started to give him the old "inertial weight transfer to the front while braking" reply...
35
35

It's Alive - It's A Live Tailstock Center with a Tach attack omiter
Well, not truely alive by purist terms, but live is commonly used to describe a ball bearing center. This center appears to have a built-in tach. Are there other centers with built-in tachometers?...
6
6

best security system
My security alarm is getting long in the tooth. its 18 years old and the company is out of business. Two zones are broken and the battery won't recharge. Time for an upgrade. The system has 16...
11
11

MIG Welding
The welding class is now in full swing, with plenty of time to weld. Of all the welding processed that we tried, we are now on GMAW. I had full two hours to practice. The welding machine was a digital...
41
41

Man finishes 15-pound burger plus toppings
See? Those people that say the US has lost its greatness are just....wrong. Dave _______________________________________________________________________ finishes 15-pound burger plus toppings...

Installed Z axis powerfeed (pictures)
to work fine. Took some time to find out just how to do it. Since I figured out how to do it, if I was to install another such power feed, it would only take me perhaps 30 minutes.
2
2

Shafts and bearings
I came to examine another piece of garage sale acquisition: two pillow blocks are all part of a single casting which encloses two ball bearings. There is a 5/8" shaft which on either side is reduced...
33
33