Subject Author Posted Replies

EBAY Fraud
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a...
13
13

JT33
Let' say that you have a spindle with a JT33 *male* taper. It will take a chuck (duh!) What if you want to use it to hold an end mill - are there attachments that would do that (the spindle is *not *...
11
11

Drilling/tapping the ends of long stuff on a vmc or BP
Awl -- For those of us without cnc lathes, or right-angle heads, drilling/tapping long stuff axially can be a real pain -- well, at least for hack matchinists such as myself, and effing morons like...
8
8

How the hell?
Went to the doctor yesterday after a couple of weeks of intense side pain. He poked and prodded and asked me this and that. Then he said I pulled my end rib loose from the others. I thought they were...

OT: Geek Resource
If you haven't yet seen _Machine Design_ magazine, it is another terrific information resource. particularly like their 'Basics of Design Engineering' section:

OT: Info on contact grill /sandwich makers wanted
OT: Info on contact grill /sandwich makers wanted I came across an interesting infomercial on late-nite TV, that wants to sell me an electric contact grill/sandwich/omelette maker. As I live by...
7
7

Milling Machine vibration
Got a problem with my 9 x 42 horizontal - vertical mill (Grizzly). Actually, probably more a problem with me. Twice now the end mill has walked out of the collet and made unpleasant looking marks on...
6
6

Lathe spindle mounts
Looking at chucks from various sources they seem to be mounted on lathe spindles in a variety of ways. Most of the time I can grasp what is going on but some of the designations stumped me: What is...
21
21

Metric threading on 12x36 import lathe (Grizzly G4003) Options
Back in May I published exhaustive change-gear tables for the Enco, Harbor Freight, and Grizzly 12 x 36 lathes. I've updated the Grizzly version to include its 86/91 step gear idler option: are for...
4
4

Toaster update!
Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest...
22
22

Metalworking Equipment - eBay's Top 10
http://atu.ca/Metalworking

Cheapest Web Designing
Links Disti Technologies, Computer Consultants, Computer Graphics Animation, Computer Software, Exporters, Importers, Internet Consultants, Internet Web Page Design, InternetElectronic Commerce...

Optrel OSEvolution helmet?
Guy gave me one today. He said he tried it, hated it and stuck it on a shelf. It came with spare face plates, manuals etc etc. Pretty much near new. It seems to work ok, shrug Anyone know much about...
5
5

A valuable lesson on magnetism
Rare earth magnets are powerless against chips stuck in foot.
10
10

thank god for the Europeans
3 trillion in cash, with 4 out of 5 executives fired in participating bailouts with all incentives and bonuses canceled for the rest. All this while Paulson is still trying to figure out how to...
2
2