Subject Author Posted Replies

Optrel OSEvolution helmet?
Guy gave me one today. He said he tried it, hated it and stuck it on a shelf. It came with spare face plates, manuals etc etc. Pretty much near new. It seems to work ok, shrug Anyone know much about...
5
5

A valuable lesson on magnetism
Rare earth magnets are powerless against chips stuck in foot.
10
10

thank god for the Europeans
3 trillion in cash, with 4 out of 5 executives fired in participating bailouts with all incentives and bonuses canceled for the rest. All this while Paulson is still trying to figure out how to...
2
2

Bridgeport Z axis shaft disassembly
bought a Z axis power feed. Its installation manual calls for removal of the part of the original mill shaft that I circled on the first picture. (the manual is not written in the best English and it...
6
6

Ultra thin screwdriver
Hi folks, I am looking for a flat screwdriver with an exceptionally thin blade, for use on clock mechanisms. The blade needs to be at least 3/16" long, but no more than 25/1000" thick. Does anyone...
96
96

Biden's mouth is a foot magnet
So Joe, did you REALLY mean that this economic disaster started eight years ago? Under a dem congress? On Clinton's watch? Yep, Joe, there you go. "Oh, McGoo! You've done it again!" LLoyd

Care and feeding of KBC bench mill
Gentlemen, We have not yet managed to get the mill/drill through the door and into the back room. Things have become complicated because the seals have ruptured on the tilt cylinders on my forklift....
3
3

FS Case 580B Backhoe
I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe. Runs good, doesn't burn oil, digs good. Located in Du Quoin, IL, about 90 miles SE of St Louis, MO. Asking $7000. Comes with parts manuals and operator...
13
13

Center gauge
I've got this Starrett center gauge no. C391. A very common item in toolboxes everywhere. So, can anyone explain the use of this gauge in particular the double depth of thread and also the odd scale...
21
21

need help welding 6063 extrusion
Hello, all, I got myself roped into a project making up frames for panels to protect stained glass windows when a church sanctuary is used for a gym during the school week. We went and got $800 worth...
22
22

Difference between Aluminum 6061 and Aluminum 12
I am working on a project. The engineering drawing called for Aluminum 6061 but the factory told me that they only had Aluminum 12. Could someone help me on this? What's the differences between...
5
5

One oil for all engines
I just got a graco drum pump with an oil quart meter. Set the number of quarts you want. Put it in the fill hole and pull the trigger. You're done. I want to get a 55 gallon drum of oil for all my...
24
24

DC motor speed control - anyone build one?
Hi Folks, I know a lot of you are across a few more subjects than metalworking, so.. Looking for a practical "I can build it" speed control for a 180V DC treadmill motor I got. The original controller...
18
18

Mechanical "cutting" of long hydrocarbon chains
I seem to remember a machine that actually "cut" motor oil into shorter HC chains to test motor oil longevity. Would it be possible to mechanically crack HCs into fuel on a large scale? How about...
13
13

End mill sharpening
How do you guys sharpen your end mills? Tool & cutter grinder? Endmill fixture on a surface grinder? Dedicated endmill sharpener? 4 days till I go pick up my Bridgeport. RWL
11
11