Subject Author Posted Replies

Inductive heaters for bolt removal etc
OK, trying to help the on-topic ratio. Interest was expressed in the boat trailer thread- ?v=O-uSJfguTp0&feature=related pricing massive DIY unit Dave The Concentrator is great for: breaking rusted or...
1
1

Al casting cost
What can I expect a foundry to charge me for an Aluminum casting? It would be about the size of a softball using either lost wax or lost foam. Thanks
4
4

internal roller burnisher for sale
Hey gang, i happen to have come across a Wiedeke/Elliott internal roller burnisher in my travels (it came as part of a lot that I picked up). this particular model looks to be a near-bottoming style...

Lubrication for a Clausing VS13 lathe
I have a nice Clausing-colchester vari-speed 13" lathe that has weeped out a bit of lubricant over the past several years, and has reached the point of needing to add some more. The manual recommends...
3
3

rive belt material
Does anyomne know where I might get flat fiber belt material for a metal lathe? Also the wires that hold it together. thank, Geo.
3
3

Barnett Crossbow prod replacement source?
I was digging through my Stuff, and stumbled across an old Barnett crossbow that Id tucked away years ago. Its a skelotonized stock with length adjustment..similar to the RC-150, but its a recurve. I...
6
6

Boat trailer trouble
I just bought a 20 year old boat trailer. Last week end I tried to check the bearing grease, but a bearing looked bad. I could not replace the bearing because the axle was bad. I could not replace the...
10
10

shocking product from China
We have been cleaning up after yet another Hurricane and my wife was putting back outside a mirror (designer type in frame) outside. So the better we might look around a corner... The mirror had a...
39
39

Driving a vertical shaft
How do you drive a vertical shaft with a horizontal motor mount? I understand mitre gear, spiral gear and a worm drive. Is there another way? I have been looking through several texts and am not...
16
16

Anvil resurface
I am thinking of taking my old anvil to work and using the surface grinder to flatten it out. Are old anvils heat treated, or just hardened by use?
12
12

Damned Verizon!
Now I can't even get the posts from here. Keeps saying "No new mesages on server" and with THIS bunch I know that's not right! :-) Jim
3
3

Advice? Laser or waterjet cutting in Seattle/Tacoma area
Hello, I need to have 200 pieces cut from 28 gage stainless steel and am wondering if anyone has a good lead on a local laser or waterjet cutter. I'm actually in Kitsap county, so South Sound or...
3
3

Do I need anti-sieze for SS screws in brass?
Application is a handle-bar clamp - could be left exposed to seaside-winter conditions for weeks/months. Clamp is brass, screws are some stainless as sold to me by a fastener company (don't know what...
2
2

Stainless steel for wood stove?
Does anyone have experience with the durability of stainless steel hardware in a wood stove firebox? Google shows conflicting claims from various manufacturers. I disassembled the stove this weekend...
8
8

What Tool to strip off Stucco Color-coat easily
Not sure what to use, so I'll see if anyone else has done it... Need to turn a Once Upon A Time exterior concrete block wall (they added on the current garage about 40 years ago) into a proper...
7
7