Subject Author Posted Replies

electric four wheeler
"The Kid", my 25 year old, seen a video of a snowmobile with electric power. he'd like to do the same thing to a four wheeler. Anyone have suggestions on where to go for design advice and part...
10
10

Destroyed in seconds
Did anyone catch the episode of Destroyed In Seconds where they had the good footage of the Dallas welding gas yard explosion? I saw the smaller one when it first came out, but this one in HD on a 37"...
1
1

For Sale - Dorian D25AXA-1 Tool Holder
This tool holder is new but missing the height adjustment screw. I would like to sell it for $35 plus shipping which should be about $6. I believe it will also fit Aloris tool posts. Here is a link to...
2
2

Magellan 19001 external anttena kit FS
I was at a yard sale yesterday and snagged a Magellan 19001 External Antenna Kit Its for the MAGELLAN NAV 5000, NAV 1000 PLUS and NAV 1000 GPS units FS/trade for something I can use... It appears New...
4
4

Whatzit called?
A friend of mine picks up all sorts of things from his union job, many of which are in or headed for the dumper. Recently he brought me some THICK washers that were labeled EARTHQUAKE SPACERS (or...
5
5

pressure cylinders -- manufactured how?
A slight OT query.... How are pressure cylinders such as SCUBA tanks and "K Bottles" manufactured? Some are aluminum, others steel. I'd assumed they're cast in one piece, but I don't know for sure,...
6
6

OT: Uniden TRU-8885 cordless phone repair
Uniden TRU-8885. Great 5.8gig phone system, but I noticed after two years or so, the ringer volume on the handsets was starting to degrade. One handset, so low I could barely hear it. Fearing the...
1
1

Drying hot-rolled steel in kiln for wood?
I saw a guy going over some hot-rolled steel bar with a blow torch recently. When I asked what he was doing he said he was evaporating the moisture from it. Sure enough - I watched it myself. The...
3
3

Are bridgeport heads interchangeable?
For example, can I swap a step pulleyed head, for a variable speed head? Are the mounting arrangements the same?
3
3

Device to measure axial forces on lathe ?
Hi. I'm trying to convert a process I have from an art-form to a science. :) I simply hand-polishing the face of a large lot of cylinders, each for about a minute with 2000-grit sandpaper, but would...
10
10

Looking for a hard felt washer 1/2" x 1" x 1/8"
Hi folks, I am repairing an electric motor for a friend. The centrifugal switch is broken. It needs a replacement felt washer as the original has worn down. It needs to be a hard felt washer (not the...
41
41

Negative Flow control System
Do i know more about nigative flow control system? my questions are as follows:- 1.What is Nigative Flow control system? 2.How does it works? 3. Is the pressure/flow is awailable when Excavator is...

DIY Vacuum Tube Maker
Pretty interesting vid if you have about 17 minutes to kill. http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/01/make_your_own_vaccum_tube.html
16
16

How to move a Bridgeport
This has been asked here before, but it's been awhile. Series II machine. Not sure of table length. I'd be alone. Not on palette in photo. How much does a Series II machine weigh? Would a lift truck...
16
16

Hurricane Ike
According to boy's name Ike means "He laughs" Was this hurricane a laughing hurricane or might it have been making someone else laugh? ;-) Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from...