Subject Author Posted Replies

Hurricane Ike
According to boy's name Ike means "He laughs" Was this hurricane a laughing hurricane or might it have been making someone else laugh? ;-) Printables, coloring pages, recipes, crafts, and more from...

Interesting practice by my community college
The welding class I am taking involves computer (web based) testing. There are pre-tests and post-tests. Pre-tests do not count towards the grade and can be taken on their website many times. After...
19
19

Source for small copper hex rod
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for copper hexagonal rod, sizes under 1/4". While I'm asking for unobtanium, I need it in oxygen free, preferably electronic grade. Can't find any with my...
6
6

Automotive question
I have a 95 Nissan Pathfinder. After a minor fender bender repair, the battery now goes dead after it sits a few days. How do I check to see if there is a draw on it when sitting still? Do I have to...
44
44

Snap-On flashlights at Costco
They're made in China. They are guaranteed forever. Karl
10
10

You guys help create at least 3 good jobs!
We're winding up construction on our latest production machine. As I'm documenting and analyzing the improvements to function, ergonomics, speed and productivity, I notice all the contributions from...
14
14

Designing a venturi?
Hi all - is there somewhere with information on the design of a venturi to produce suction or vacuum ? We're trying to make a vacuum cleaner using compressed air and a coaxial venturi and figuring out...
6
6

Looking for a source for Metric Carriage Bolts
Hi Everyone, I am having trouble finding what I would call a carriage bolt, it looks just like a carriage bolt except that it has a spline round shape under the head instead of a square shape that is...
3
3

OT: HDMI tv input from pc
I just broke down and replaced my 15 year old TV. I had my PC hooked to it with a NVIDIA card and S-video cables. From what I understand, I need to get a new card with HDMI. A search on Newegg yielded...
12
12

Metalworking going on out in the garage today
Well today, while I was at work repairing airgaging systems on a machining center and other things, uncle was over at my place having fun in the garage. First order of events was to use that pottery...
5
5

Is our view of old engineering distorted by the products which survive?
Hi folks, I apologise if the title is a bit of a mouthful. But I've been thinking about this issue for some time, and would like to seek the opinion of people here. You frequently hear people complain...
100
100

Gun blue composition
Birchwood Casey seem to have changed the compositon of their Super Blue Liquid Gun Blue. I have recently bought the bottled version and the paste version. Both are labelled as containing Selenium...
1
1

Propane/diesel?
Today, I saw a company that is promoting a propane/diesel fuel system. Touted to have all kinds of upsides including increased horsepower and double fuel efficiency. Anyone hear of this or can provide...
14
14

Straightening Rolled Welded Wire Mesh
Has anyone found a good way to straighten wire mesh solo? The grass isn't thick enough to just walk on it and have it bend the other way. Maybe a big rubber mallet? End of a 2X4? I've looked on the...
2
2

Cheap air pressure switch?
I want to sense pressure in a line that feeds part clamps and turn on a green light and/or have a red light go out so the operator will try to remember to clamp the parts. (don't laugh) I could use a...
13
13